This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Pierce Brosnan needs to write an autobiography. It's time.

5 replies to this topic

#1 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

If there is one autobiography I would love to see written and read - it's Pierce Brosnan's. 

The man has had a very interesting life. From humble beginnings, the tragedies, the heartbreaks - and finally getting his dream gig, and the fallout from that when it went away... it seriously all needs to be book. 

Anyone else agree with me? 

#2 Emrayfo

Emrayfo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

I'm sure it would be a corker. But I'm still waiting for Volume 2 of Chronicles - hurry up Dylan!

#3 agentbug

agentbug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

I’m very choosey with whose autobiographies I read but would definitely enjoy Pierce’s, yes.

I suppose they’d want to release it if and when he has a big film out however far lesser known people seem to release books that sell enough so who knows, maybe Christmas season 2015, 2016 we might get our wish?!

#4 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

I'm sure it would be a corker. But I'm still waiting for Volume 2 of Chronicles - hurry up Dylan!

:D :D :D

Not Pierce's biggest fan, but it could be an interesting read.

As for Dylan, the problem is that he usually doesn't remember many things (following his own advise, he's a man who really doesn't look back), and the people who are supposed to remember things for him keep dying away (like Paul Williams or Vic Maymudes). It's also possible that he forgot that he was planning on several volumes :P

#5 Emrayfo

Emrayfo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:13 AM

:D :D :D

Not Pierce's biggest fan, but it could be an interesting read.

As for Dylan, the problem is that he usually doesn't remember many things (following his own advise, he's a man who really doesn't look back), and the people who are supposed to remember things for him keep dying away (like Paul Williams or Vic Maymudes). It's also possible that he forgot that he was planning on several volumes :P

All true, stromberg! That said, I'm not sure if you have read Chronicles 1, but given its narrative structure whereby Dylan jumps backwards and forwards through time - often alighting on less key periods (presumably leaving the juicier or more interesting episodes/eras for the mooted later volumes) - I can only assume that a good amount of the material and notes required for the subsequent Chronicles must in large part have already been assembled in the process of researching, compiling and drafting Chronicles 1.

Anyhow, one hopes. He is getting pretty old though...

#6 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

Sign me up!