This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Spectre leading DIRECTLY into BOND 25? (SPOILERS)

5 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

Something that I've always dreamed? Is this happening!?

Will SPECTRE be have shades of On Her Majesty's Secret Service and will BOND 25 provide the ultimate You Only Live Twice pay off? The number one Fleming story that was missed all the way along? Are we really getting the Garden of Death? Shatterhand? Bond back in Japan? Please make this so!

EDIT: I completely missed this. Didn't realise it was old news.. 

Edited by DamnCoffee, 05 June 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#2 Moneyofpropre

Moneyofpropre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

"A quick google search reveals Oberhauser is an infamous Nazi officer and might be a hint that Blofeld was a collaborator with Nazis during WWII"

There no able to do correctly a search in google, so able to predict the future... http://lmgtfy.com/?q...user james bond...

#3 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:12 AM

The problem I have with the idea of Blofeld being a Nazi collaborator is one of age. Even if he was a child during the Second World War, he would now be in his seventies, at least. More likely as an active collaborator in his eighties or nineties. 

Franz Oberhauser is being portrayed by an actor in his late fifties. Had this character been around during, say, the Moore era then the Nazi link would be more credible.

I always envisaged a revised Blofeld as having a background similar to that in the novel Thunderball - a background in communications trafficking and espionage, but updated for our era. He may have been, for example, an intelligence officer for one of the Warsaw Pact nations who went private after the eastern bloc collapsed, sold his wares to the west, made a fortune and on the back of that - because with his work background he couldn't "kick the habit" - set up his own private intelligence, crime and terror syndicate dedicated to making money out of mayhem.

#4 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

"There’s no secret that Sony has big aspirations for the Bond franchise and they’re even looking towards the future. Including looking at possible replacements for Daniel Craig who might not return after the last two films in his contract."

Those two sentences told me that whoever wrote this cannot be taken seriously.

#5 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

Credible or not, I'm not expecting SPECTRE to wrap everything up in one film.  One doesn't finally cast Blofeld right (I know, it's Oberhauser) and have it be for just one film. 

Looking forward to seeing Mr. White again.

#6 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

I think we'd all have to be way too naive to think that SPECTRE will simply be a one-off.