589 replies to this topic

#61 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Probably that is Bond's house. First scene after the PTS will be him, M, Q and Moneypenny playing Fifa 15 with the PS4 :P

#62 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

I think that speculation about the message in the bulldog came from earlier in this thread. Not to say it's not true, of course.

Still don't like the idea. And I doubt it'll happen.

I don't like it either. I really can't imagine them going for anything quite so pantomime. 

#63 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Glad the bulldog will reappear. And the SPECTRE font looks lovely on that clapperboard. 

#64 Fairbanks

Fairbanks

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

I don't like it either. I really can't imagine them going for anything quite so pantomime. 

It sounds like a plot point from Scooby-Doo or a pre-title gag from The Avengers. The china dog falls and shatters, and there's a note inside from John Steed that says "MRS PEEL, WE'RE NEEDED."

#65 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

It sounds like a plot point from Scooby-Doo or a pre-title gag from The Avengers. The china dog falls and shatters, and there's a note inside from John Steed that says "MRS PEEL, WE'RE NEEDED."

If Dench's M has left a message in the dog - then, personally, I think it'll be a nice touch. I don't think it's "Pantomime" or "Scooby-doo" - It's something meaningful from M to Bond, it's something that Bond would recognise that the enemy wouldn't think to look in. I think your negativity stems from the fact that we've pre-thought the idea and worked out what they might be doing...  

#66 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

I doubt it. If M had something to tell Bond, she would have told him on that long drive up to Scotland, surely?

#67 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

If Dench's M has left a message in the dog - then, personally, I think it'll be a nice touch. I don't think it's "Pantomime" or "Scooby-doo" - It's something meaningful from M to Bond, it's something that Bond would recognise that the enemy wouldn't think to look in. I think your negativity stems from the fact that we've pre-thought the idea and worked out what they might be doing...  

I agree with Fairbanks and Shrublands. Having a hidden message inside the bulldog is a tad hokey and undermines the emotional simplicity and symbolism it had in SkyFall. It would just become a plot device - like Jack Sparrow's compass...

Edited by RMc, 09 December 2014 - 12:52 AM.

#68 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

I doubt it. If M had something to tell Bond, she would have told him on that long drive up to Scotland, surely?

They both had a lot on their minds at the time...

#69 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

They both had a lot on their minds at the time...
So she puts a secret message in the dog before the enquiry (when she believes Silva was in custody), knowing that Bond would receive it after her death (which, for all she knew, could be years away) rather than actually talk to Bond about it?

#70 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

I'm speculating, not saying I'm right ;)

#71 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

It's possibly worth thinking about Bond's dialogue with Moneypenny when he was given the bulldog.

- "Maybe that was her way of telling you to take a desk job."

- "Just the opposite."

Perhaps a glimpse of bulldog is needed to give Bond a needed kick, and spur him into action.

Although having said that, I feel the bulldog is likely just to be window dressing and a nice little touch for the likes of us. Giving it an actual role in the scene would likely need too much extrapolation for first-time viewers.

#72 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

Yeah I'm willing to bet it'll just be a fun little easter egg.

That being said, can we all just take a moment to appreciate the sort of continuity this is representing? It's pretty awesome that we're getting a direct sequel to Skyfall from the same people (by and large) who made Skyfall. This is exciting stuff!

#73 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:01 AM

Yeah I'm willing to bet it'll just be a fun little easter egg.

That being said, can we all just take a moment to appreciate the sort of continuity this is representing? It's pretty awesome that we're getting a direct sequel to Skyfall from the same people (by and large) who made Skyfall. This is exciting stuff!

Judging from recent history, we're quite lucky.

#74 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:33 AM

"Jinkies, Moneypenny, a clue!"

#75 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

I'd love for this to be taking place inside Bond's office or flat. Perhaps his flat? It would probably be a new one since MI6 sold it during Skyfall.

#76 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

It's definitely one of the MI6 offices. Either Bond's or Moneypenny's.

#77 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

It's definitely one of the MI6 offices. Either Bond's or Moneypenny's.

Yes, I also think it's more likely to be Bond's work office, rather than a desk at his flat.

Just occurred to me that, with the reappearance of the bulldog, I'm sure your namesakes at Royal Doulton will also be pleased with the inevitable rush for replica models again!

#78 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:17 AM

I bought one, so I'm glad it's going to feature again. Royal Doulton would've made a fortune.

#79 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:19 AM

I wonder how much they spent on the clipboard and how much one would get for it on ebay...

#80 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:20 AM

If it is a desk, it hardly seems like an office/government issue type. Bond of the novels had a "Empire" style desk in his flat and bookcases. This looks like an old style wood grained desk top to my eye and I restate my theory that Bond would keep the Bulldog at home and not at the office. With the Craig era, anything goes, but my gut tells me that this is the case. Just my two pence.

Bond has (post SF) gotten a new flat, but as much as he hated his family home, he'd probably have traditional furnishings. Just a notion mind you.

#81 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

If they do show his apartment, have the golf clubs from DN in there and the expresso machine from LALD.

#82 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:28 AM

I'd prefer to see Bond's flat over his office. You just know it'd be insanely bachelor-cool with the perfect mix of super modern and nostalgic.

I can remember seeing (slight spoiler - then again, if you haven't seen it, your head's in the sand?) the new "apartment" set on Mad Men that's been a principal setting in the later seasons. Specifically, I remember immediately wanting it.

#83 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:36 AM

If they do show his apartment, have the golf clubs from DN in there and the expresso machine from LALD.

A few different little nods here and there would be nice!

#84 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

Yeah, it would be awesome to see Bond's version of home life. We've seen Dench M's place three times now, perhaps they'll show the other side.

#85 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:43 AM

Agreed! I have a galley style sort of horseshoe shaped kitchen in my townhouse, but everyone raves about my Pavoni espresso machine. Yes, it's the chrome model and I've even made a cuppa for CBN's own Admiral from it. He did ask "Is that all it does?" but did enjoy his coffee.  B)

#86 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:57 AM

Awesome, lol.

#87 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

Agreed! I have a galley style sort of horseshoe shaped kitchen in my townhouse, but everyone raves about my Pavoni espresso machine. Yes, it's the chrome model and I've even made a cuppa for CBN's own Admiral from it. He did ask "Is that all it does?" but did enjoy his coffee.  B)

That's absolutely fantastic! Cheers to you both!  :D

Edited by Trevelyan 006, 09 December 2014 - 04:00 AM.

#88 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:05 AM

Hinting that Blofeld will have a British Bull Dog in this film, rather than a Persian Cat... 

WHAT!?

Sacrilege!!

#89 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

I was searching for something else, and found this post from over two years ago from seawolfnyy:

http://debrief.comma...olic/?p=1242689

I could see in Bond 24, Bond sitting at his desk dulling working on paperwork and a quick glance at the bulldog. Then we hear the first few chords of Adele's Skyfall just like the references in OHMSS.

Potentially not a bad guess!

#90 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:50 AM

Hinting that Blofeld will have a British Bull Dog in this film, rather than a Persian Cat... 

WHAT!?

Sacrilege!!

Damn cat...Calm yourself. If they've gone this far with the title alone, I'm certain your job security is intact....and stay out of my bloody fridge! Back on the boards less than a week and already causing mayhem....Damn Cat...and we just got Harkers house trained!