6 replies to this topic

#1 jim74454

jim74454

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 12:37 AM

I love this game. However, I just realized what is, yet again, missing from one of EA's Bond games....THE BIGGEST ANTAGONIST IN THE WHOLE SERIES...SPECTRE/BLOFELD! One of the tagline things is that the game draws from Bond's 40 year history, and they do draw things from all over the series...except for those movies involving SPECTRE. Anyone seriously know why? I asked the representatives from EA and Gearbox when GameSpy had their chat with them, but they both avoided the question by simply stating that elements from all 20 movies are included. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The only Connery movie to get recognized is Goldfinger.....because SPECTRE is not involved in it. On Her Majesty's Secret Service (where SPECTRE leader Blofeld is the enemy) is included in a MINOR MINOR way.....music - the a clip from the credit theme is in one of the songs. However, you could also say that this music is not exclusive to OHMSS because it is also used in A View To A Kill.

The question remains - WHY EXCLUDE BOND'S BIGGEST ENEMY?

Is it because of the whole Kevin McClory thing? I thought that MGM/EON and McClory finally settled that in court a few years ago.

I would rather have SPECTRE elements in the game than those stupid multiplayer characters: Elektra King, Christmas Jones, May Day, and Wai Lin...and possibly Xenia Onnatopp....how did she make it in there over Alec Travelyn?

I also wish that Tracy would make it in a game too...she was the only woman Bond truly loved. EA SHE IS IMPORTANT!

How could EA leave out Blofled's volcano lair from You Only Live Twice? I mean, really EA...its the best friggn' set in the whole series.

IF ANYONE CAN GET A STRAIGHT AND TRUE ANSWER FROM EA or MGM WHY SPECTRE WAS LEFT OUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW.

Modders....we got our work cut out for us!

#2 jim74454

jim74454

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 12:38 AM

If you get the feeling from my previous post that the game is bad, this is not the case. EA made a great game and you should get it. I was just upset about that one thing.

#3 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 04:13 AM

Maybe they are counting the cable car or Alpine levels (as representing OHMSS). :)

My only complaint is that Fort Knox is just a MP level. I would really love to have a bonus mission with Oddjob throwing that bowler at me.

#4 jim74454

jim74454

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 12:00 PM

Thats one thing I forgot to mention:

How can Oddjob throw his hat and be wearing it at the same time?

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 05:10 PM

The dispute wasn't settled between McClory and MGM - the court decided to give the rights to MGM...as far as I know anyway. So I doubt very much it would have anything to do with that.

#6 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 08:35 PM

I would like to see unused elements from Fleming's novels incorporated.

I realize this idea is highly unlikely, but wouldn't it be great to have a level where you try to assassinate M?

Or- speaking of Blofeld- have to attack him at his Castle of Death (complete with an armor wearing Blofeld)?

And wouldn't it be great to have a bonus mission, or pre-title mission, where you have to snipe a KGB sniper? (Okay, that one has been used on film, but you get the idea).

I really wish EA would start including some bonus levels, though. Wouldn't it be great to have one or two extra missions, complete with new gadgets to use?

EA seems to place all of their attention on cheats for MP, with almost nothing to use in single player. GE's cheats struck a good balance between the two.

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 06:50 AM

No volcano lair?!?!? And Oddjob still has two hats as in the beta that we saw earlier? And no Blofeld? And they call this James Bond?