7 replies to this topic

#1 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Thought I'd create a new thread for all those Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire fans out there. Season five premieres on Sunday, April 12, while George R. R. Martin hopes to get the sixth book, The Winds of Winter, out sometime before the apocalypse begins. Personally, I've seen all four season and have read the first 4 books. I'm currently in the middle of A Dance With Dragons. Personally, I can't wait for the new season to start. Westeros is in as much turmoil as ever and the show promises more Red Wedding-esque moments than ever as the show sets to split from the book series.

Also, for anyone who has read the books, please use spoiler tags when discussing topics that haven't yet occurred in the show. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts. Winter is coming....

#2 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

Am I the only one?

#3 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

Got halfway through both the first book and first season once. Gave up and didn't care to finish.

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:27 AM

Tried the first episode tonight.  It was OK.  I'll probably continue on a few more to see if it keeps my interest.

#5 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

Not really my thing.

#6 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

I had people pestering me to watch this for years.  Finally went to a friend's house and powered through the first five or six episodes.  That's all it took!  Now am hopelessly addicted.  I watch the episodes repeatedly, but haven't started the books yet (maybe this summer.) 

And there are Bond actors in it, folks!  Diana Rigg and Jonathan Pryce, even sharing screen time together.  Also, Rob Stark's love interest was played by Oona Chaplin (Charlie's granddaughter), the girl who brings the general his cerveza in the desert hotel in QoS.

So thanks for starting the thread, seawolfnyy.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

The latest episode was incredible! One of the best episodes of the entire series. 

#8 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

It certainly was. Seeing Dorne has also been interesting, especially since I recognize the sets from Sevilla, Spain.