41 replies to this topic

#31 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

Watched the Nats today. People need to start losing their jobs in that organization. The team is an embarrassment.

#32 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:19 AM

Molina and Wainwright possibly out for a bit... oh, well. Just have to truck on without them.

#33 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

Planning on going to one of the four Red Sox @ Angels game in July as an early birthday gift.

#34 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

Molina and Wainwright possibly out for a bit... oh, well. Just have to truck on without them.

And now Waino's out for the year... our top AAA starter is injured as well, so we may look to trade for pitching.

#35 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

The Yanks won the subway series and reminded the Mets where their place is. This team has certainly exceeded expectations early. However, in 2013 they had a great start to the year as well until the offense shut down.

#36 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

The Yanks won the subway series and reminded the Mets where their place is. This team has certainly exceeded expectations early. However, in 2013 they had a great start to the year as well until the offense shut down.

The Mets are still the class of the NL East, though.  They'll make a serious run for the playoffs, if only because the East is terrible.

#37 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

The Mets are still the class of the NL East, though.  They'll make a serious run for the playoffs, if only because the East is terrible.

Just wait. The Mets, like the Cubs, will wake up one day, realize who they are, and start losing. Thus is life :)

#38 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Just wait. The Mets, like the Cubs, will wake up one day, realize who they are, and start losing. Thus is life :)

True.  I wasn't trying to say that the Mets are good, though.  They're just the "best" of a very poor division.

#39 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

My point exactly, boys. The Mets will always be number 2 in New York

#40 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Even though we lost to the Cubs last night, the Cardinals' 20-7 record is the best start in franchise history. I know we won't be able to sustain it, but after losing Adam Wainwright for the year, it's been a fun reminder of how this team sticks together and battles adversity.

#41 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:44 PM

At 19-11, the Yanks are off to their best start in a few years and are definitely better than advertised. Having gone 17-6 since their 2-5 start, they've proven themselves to be the top team in an admittedly weak division. They do still need to fill some holes: Beltrán is doing nothing but sucking away a roster spot and Sabathia needs to go away. But with the combination of Betances and Miller, they should be the team to beat in the AL East.

#42 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

Thought I would revive this for those of us who are MLB fans.. So far my Rockies and Red Sox are off to promising starts for the 2016 season!!! However, while I'm all a-glow with Trevor Story, our new rookie SS who has had 3 HRs in his first two games, our pitching remains a MAJOR concern, in particular the bullpen. We blew a 6-2 lead in the 6th and 7th innings to lose 11-6. Yes, we're only two games into the season but its already got me worried for them. Meanwhile, I'm really looking forward to following David Ortiz's final season..he already has a HR against the Indians so it should be a fun year for him and the Sox..hopefully! :)