4 replies to this topic

#1 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

The BBC's Room 101 is a series where "celebrities" put concepts that they dislike into a Orwellian Room 101, basically removing them, in the context of the show, from existence.

This is a clip from an upcoming episode - so whether the host, Frank Skinner, put's it in has yet to be revealed.

---

On a personal note to those who actually watch this show, I hate the new format - when Paul Merton and Nick Hancock were hosts the format was much better 

#2 agentbug

agentbug

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:01 PM

Amusing clip, thanks. I am quite confident that no man could ever put James Bond into Room 101, so hopefully it's quite safe. :)

#3 Logie

Logie

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

I agree, the old format was much better. But there's no way Frank Skinner would put Bond in Room 101, unless the other two have picked blind puppies or West Brom's first team!

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:36 AM

Not everyone is a Bond fan so, yes Bond could end up in Room 101. I have a close friend who doesn't rate any of the films - with the exception of Skyfall, for some reason. I think he would put the movies bar one into 101. The Fleming books, on the other hand he very much rates.

Victoria Coren Mitchell - who I find very funny, as I did her late father Alan Coren - is wrong about one thing. Bond isn't a spy in the true sense. Never has been. He's a government agent assigned a task every so often which involves going well beyond the law, hence the Double-O status. He investigates a situation and deals with it, but spies, as I understand them, are there to discover information and pass it on to their masters. No wonder he's a terrible spy. It's not really his line of work.

#5 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ies-4-episode-6