What to get???????????????

12 replies to this topic

#1 pcgamer777

pcgamer777

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:10 PM

I have a GC and a PC and was wonereing which version to get.

GC

Pros-

Driving levels
Multiplayer without internet
M-Player bots(??dont know if GC has them)

Cons-
I think the "auto" targeting would be too easy
No on-line play

PC

Pros-

M-player Bots
Better controls (for me)
Online Play

Cons-

No non-online play except LAN
No Driving levels

:):confused::):confused: What should i get?

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:27 PM

I'd get the console version mate. It's always better in the long run because you know that your machine can handle it 100% unlike most Pcs which have glitchy sound and graphics. Also you don't have to go through the trouble of starting up your PC, sticking in the disc, double clicking icon, opening saved game folder from location etc. Whereas with a console it's just disc in and away (or if you're like me and leave games in the machine it's just power on and away.

It'll be better for the driving levels too. How could you have a decent game without the driving levels?!

To be honest it's not at all worth it just for the fact that you can have online play and better controls. Also apparantly the PC version has been majorly neglected and all the work and attention lavished on the console platforms.

Go console - that's what I plan to do with my PS2. It'll all be better in the long run I reckon.

Regards

#3 pcgamer777

pcgamer777

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:51 PM

But will the consol have multiplayer bots

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:53 PM

It was used on TWINE64 so I don't see why not. It's sure possible with the technology so I guess it probably does have them.

#5 0010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 10:27 PM

Yes, they do have bots for the gc version.

#6 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 07:06 AM

I'm happy with the GC version....

#7 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 01:34 AM

I'd go with the PC version. Who knows what sorts of Mods will be created for this game. Half-Life has CS, TFC, Natural Selection and Day of Defeat. If NightFire produces some cool mods and you buy the GC version, you'll be loosing out.

Dolemite

#8 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 02:09 AM

of course, Nightfire will never be as popular as Half-Life...

#9 0010

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 02:16 AM

lol, good point

#10 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:58 AM

If you've got a fast PC and a decent graphics card, get the PC version. Online play, the game seems longer (missions take longer than on console version and flow together better), and there's always room for patches and mods in the future.

It'll be better for the driving levels too. How could you have a decent game without the driving levels?!

Uh...GoldenEye64 anyone?

I've never really cared for the driving levels. They're fun, but just not that great. And I DESPISE the parts where the girl drives and you shoot.

#11 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 11:43 AM

If you're only gonna buy one and you've got the machine to run it the PC version will last you longer. The consoles are good for single player but the multiplayer is what makes a game last. There's no doubt that many mods will appear online as well as patches and tweaks. Sooner or later someone will make better character models, you'll be able to be any Bond (Connery, Dalton, etc.) and I would venture a guess at any of the actors favored by fans to take over the role.
If you think about it they kinda screwed both kinds of gamers to get you to buy both versions. They could have added driving to the PC and online support to the consoles.

#12 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:28 PM

I doubt there'll be much of a mod community for PC NightFire.

Get the console version, you know it makes sense! :)

#13 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 06:24 PM

I disagree on the mod thing. Rogue Spear has been around since 1999 and people are still doing mods for that. Bond has more widespread appeal. They'll definintely be mods. I'll bet there are mods out a week after the SDK is released.