I am not sure if this has been discussed before, but the people behind the Bond movies seem to be a close-knit family and this has always been the case.
Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman worked with people they knew, friends, and people they trusted and this has continued through Barbara and Michael G Wilson. They also included their own family, and today David Wilson and Gregg Wilson are involved in each Bond movie.
Here are some of the extensions of the "Bond family". I've deliberately stopped at these, to leave room for other answers and discussions.
- Roger Moore was friends with Broccoli and Saltzman for years before he got the role of 007. He often played cards with them. Christopher Lee was also a friend of all 3. Lois Maxwell also knew Roger beforehand.
- Terence Young knew Sean Connery before he became Bond
- Luciana Paluzzi knew David Hedison before they were both involved in the Bond movies
- Rik van Nutter was married to Anita Ekberg and well known to the producers ahead of Thunderball
- Pierce Brosnan's wife starred in FYEO and he visited the set
- Rory Kinnear's godfather was Judi Dench's husband
- Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes have been friends for years
Then there is the production team who are part of the family:-
- British special effects coordinator Chris Corbould has worked on every Bond since 1977
- British production executive, Anthony Waye, a Pinewood stalwart, has had some involvement in every Bond since FYEO
- Ken Adam worked on all the Bonds from Dr No to Moonraker
- Peter Lamont worked on all of them from 1964 until 1995 and then more up to Casino Royale
- Terry Madden has worked on every Bond movie since Octopussy
- Callum McDougall - every Bond since TLD
Does anyone have any more to add or any comments on the Bond family. They seem to work with the same people every time, many of whom are British, so that they know they can trust them. There is a also a card playing culture amongst the group - almost as if you must be a card player to join the gang.