30 replies to this topic

#31 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

MGW once stated that "We don't need to see his home. He comes from nowhere and goes to nowhere except when he's needed." yet, we have seen it before. Every guy has to hang his hat (or holster) somewhere. I was always amazed that Bond's kitchen/breakfast nook in LALD seemed almost larger than the rest of his place. As much as they wanted to separate Roger's Bond from Connery's Bond, they did show the flat in both of their first films. I kind of like this in a way. In the novels, particularly MR, we do get a glimpse of Bond at home. His assignments take him abroad. A friend of mine is an insurance adjuster/inspector  of sorts and is constantly traveling. He makes tons of cash, but just has a smallish one bedroom place and a small storage unit. He's never at home for more than a week or two at the max. Still though, I think giving this glimpse is kind of fun and gives Craig's Bond some sense of reality or depth. I suspect it will be stylish, but (as with any former military man) comfortable yet utilitarian.

I hope it's just a glimpse and we only get to see his flat as a transition scene to move the plot forward. While I think us Bondfanatics will dissect his apartment, looking for easter eggs and home improvement inspiration, I think it'll be best if the audience can infer Bond's home life. 

It's interesting that Craig's XXXX may have a swankier pad than the one Bond calls home in SPECTRE.

layer-cake2.jpg

264524038_1280x720.jpg

"Welcome to the layer cake, son..."

Crime does pay, take it from me.