This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

SPECTRE vs. the GOP (no spoilers - I promise!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

Who else broke down and read the Sony email exchanges regarding the plot of the upcoming film?   I'm ashamed to admit that curiosity got the better of me.  And for those of you who are contemplating doing so, be warned - its about as spoiler-ish as they come! 

Now, I'm not trying to stir the pot of whether or not these Guardians of the Peace folks are heroes or villains or what have you, but I will say this: IF the plot I read is authentic, we might all end up thanking them for revealing it - especially if it causes the powers-that-be to go back to the drawing board and start fresh.

As it stands now, the plot (again, assuming that it is authentic) is the stuff of every Bond fan's nightmares.  In fact, it is so bad that I am almost convinced that it has to be a hoax.    Put it this way: what if I were to tell you that in Spectre, Bond is given a cover identity of a smooth-talking playboy photographer who spends his day drinking, singing and flirting with his models?   You'd likely say something along the lines of, 'Why are they stealing from the Matt Helm parody series with Dean Martin?'  - And you'd be right! 

Of course, I'm purposefully using an outrageous example to make my point in an effort to avoid ANY hints at spoilers, but elements of Spectre's plot are that horrific.  To put it another way, the plot of Spectre is destined to wind up with the likes of Jar Jar Binks in legendary embarrassing moments in Hollywood history.    

So, for the rest of you like me who had zero self-control and read it, what do you think? 

Oh, and for those that didn't - I hope this post doesn't inadvertently pique your curiosity and lead you to buckle. 

On a side note:  I got a big chuckle when my local anchorwoman reported on the big reveal of Bond 24's title and pronounced it Speck-tree.  Living in the south in the United States does occasionally have its moments. :)