This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Interesting comments from Ralph Fiennes.

6 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

Listened to a few interviews from Ralph Fiennes from the Spectre launch, and he mentioned that the death of M in Skyfall leaves significant echoes throughout this film. Could the service be coming down hard on the fact that the head of MI6 disappeared off the grid and ended up dead? The synopsis mentions something about M having to deal with threats to the service, which could refer to the repercussions the former M's death and of course from SPECTRE.

"Ralph Fiennes, who plays the new M, said Dame Judi Dench's M "still haunts this movie in a way you'll find out". He added: "There's an interesting follow-on from things in other films - I wouldn't say it's a sequel but there's a connective tissue."

Edited by DamnCoffee, 07 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#2 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

You mean that this guy will be the SPECTRE villain...?

david-cameron_1635080i.jpg

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

Listened to a few interviews from Ralph Fiennes from the Spectre launch, and he mentioned that the death of M in Skyfall leaves significant echoes throughout this film. Could the service be coming down hard on the fact that the head of MI6 disappeared off the grid and ended up dead? The synopsis mentions something about M having to deal with threats to the service, which could refer to the repercussions the former M's death and of course from SPECTRE.

Good catch. That would be a nice link.

Gut instinct is that Andrew Scott's character will exert the political pressure.

#4 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

Good catch. That would be a nice link.

Gut instinct is that Andrew Scott's character will exert the political pressure.

Whistleblower. 

#5 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

That would be a great idea: the government already infiltrated by SPECTRE, aiming to cripple Mi6 in order to have the freedom to do what they like (nice parallel to the CETA and TTIP-idiocy that will give corporations the chance to impose anything on governments with their own secret judicial elements).  And Scott trying to go public with that.

#6 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Regarding JCRendle's post and photograph, I defer to Rt. Hon. Francis Urquhart MP and his stateside opposite number Vice President Francis Underwood - "You might very well say that, I could not possibly comment!" :)

That said, the political pressure might be internal. SPECTRE might have gone beyond hijacking Vulcan bombers or spacecraft to hijacking whole governments and multinationals - in other words the sort of stuff we're led to believe Quantum was up to. Which makes me think that Quantum is now part of SPECTRE, or has been destroyed by it - or was really SPECTRE all along.

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

Exact wording from what Ralph said (Added to main post).

Ralph Fiennes, who plays the new M, said Dame Judi Dench's M "still haunts this movie in a way you'll find out". He added: "There's an interesting follow-on from things in other films - I wouldn't say it's a sequel but there's a connective tissue."

Edited by DamnCoffee, 07 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.