18 replies to this topic

#1 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

The release date for SPECTRE was previously announced as October 23rd 2015 in the UK and November 6th in the US. During the Live Announcement, the "Global" Date was given as November 6th, does this mean the the UK date has been pushed back, or are we still on to get the 24th Bond film 3 weeks before the US?

#2 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

The press release doesn't allude to a UK date, so it's tough to know for now. Hopefully light will be shed upon on it.

#3 Rik

Rik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

I believe they have decided to just have a worldwide release date where every country gets the film at the same time, rather than stagger release from country to country. It makes sense in todays world of film piracy.

#4 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I believe they have decided to just have a worldwide release date where every country gets the film at the same time, rather than stagger release from country to country. It makes sense in todays world of film piracy.

If they do that, they can't have big premieres in UK, USA, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia etc., because they'd all have to take place on the same day (or within three or four days). Near impossible with all the traveling that's necessary.

#5 Rik

Rik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

Very true. I'd imagine London would be the big one as usual.

#6 Invincible1958

Invincible1958

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

The press release from SONY Pictures Germany confirms October 29th as the release date for Germany and the 23rd for the UK.

So I doubt they will push the UK date back to November.

#7 SkyfallCraig

SkyfallCraig

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:52 PM

Also Italy is "October 2015"

#8 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

Here in Australia, we normally have to wait 3 more weeks, as we wait for the cast of the movie to make it here for the premiere.

#9 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:36 PM

The press releases and articles on 007.com are showing a November 6th Worldwide release date with no additional information regarding international territories. The Empire website and magazine are showing the original 23rd October release date for the UK. A member of Archivo007 had queried the release date on the Empire Magazine's forums.
I'll keep an eye on the forum, see if any of the staff have any answers...

#10 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, that had me scratching my head a bit. I remember it being October 23rd, but then making November 6th Worldwide, so I'm not sure if they went back to October or it's just an error on their part.

It'd be great if it was all kept in November. Seeing the majority of people on here going to see Skyfall a full two weeks ahead of me was like waiting on Death Row (well not literally, but you get the point :P)

#11 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Yeah, that had me scratching my head a bit. I remember it being October 23rd, but then making November 6th Worldwide, so I'm not sure if they went back to October or it's just an error on their part.

It'd be great if it was all kept in November. Seeing the majority of people on here going to see Skyfall a full two weeks ahead of me was like waiting on Death Row (well not literally, but you get the point :P)

Here in Australia, we can expect to see it on November 27th... :sad:

#12 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

The fact that they had a lot of previously unreleased information given to them exclusively as well as interviews with Babs Broccoli and MGW - I'd have thought that important information like the release date would have been fact checked before release, especially as it's the same on both the website and magazine.

We'll see what happens...

#13 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

Well that's not too bad. China didn't get Skyfall until January of 2013, 2-3 months after it had already been out. But still, waiting for a Bond film can be awfully slow. Like those two weeks in between the UK and US release dates for Skyfall.

I hope I don't have to endure that again

#14 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Well that's not too bad. China didn't get Skyfall until January of 2013, 2-3 months after it had already been out. But still, waiting for a Bond film can be awfully slow. Like those two weeks in between the UK and US release dates for Skyfall.

I hope I don't have to endure that again

I'm planning on going to London this year for the premiere. Of course, living in Europe makes that easier. ;)

#15 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

BBFC are listing the release date as 23rd Oct.

#16 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:05 PM

BBFC are listing the release date as 23rd Oct.

So another two week wait over here in the U.S.? Awesome...

#17 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

From the Youtube page: 

Russia will be getting SPECTRE, or СПЕКТР, in October.
Germany and Brazil are getting SPECTRE on November 5th
The Netherlands and the US are getting SPECTRE on November 6th
France is getting SPECTRE on November 11th

The other countries have Coming Soon (or their local equivalent) or November.

#18 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

The BBFC is still listing October 23rd as the UK release date for SPECTRE.

http://bbfc.co.uk/re...e-filmtrailer-0

tumblr_nr7npvK07H1rv0z1no1_250.jpg

#19 Toxteth_OGrady

Toxteth_OGrady

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

http://www.007.com/s...e-announcement/

At 07:00 UK time on Monday 7th September, the box-office for SPECTRE will open across the UK and Ireland, giving cinema audiences the opportunity to book their tickets in advance to see Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment’s SPECTRE.

For the first time ever, the film will open to the public on the same night as the World Premiere in London, giving audiences the opportunity to be the first in the world to see the hugely-anticipated 24th film in the James Bond franchise.

Following the World Premiere and release in the UK and Ireland on 26th October, SPECTRE will begin its rollout in territories around the world. The film will release in the US on November 6, 2015.