74 replies to this topic

#61 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

I have no idea what the plot would be, but Bond coming to the Kimberley in Western Australia would make for stunning landscapes. 

#62 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:07 PM

If it s going to be Shatterhand:

Australia for the PTS ( especially north near Darwin ): A PTS nearly all underwater.

Singapore

Japan- for specific reasons

#63 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

I'd like to see a significant portion of a Bond film take place in Central/Southern Africa.

#64 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

I'd like to see a significant portion of a Bond film take place in Central/Southern Africa.

I would like that as well. Definitely want to see Australia used in a Bond film soon. Same with Seoul, South Korea and Nice, France.

#65 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Speaking of Australia, entertainment reporter for our Today Show posed the question to Sam Mendes on the world premier red carpet, and I detected a sly glint in his eye. Check it out at around the 5:15 minute mark.....

http://www.9jumpin.c.../4579735511001/

#66 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:51 PM

France has been underused. There's Nice, Marseille...

#67 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

I'd like to see Craig spend some more time in Spain/France/Germany etc. Bond can speak French and German fluently after all! 

#68 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:36 PM

Australia is a must IMO.

But Japan, Korea, USA, so many that have so much potential.

#69 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:49 PM

Bond usually doesn't visit former colonies of the Commonwealth (Canada, Australia, etc.)

I'd like to see him revisit Las Vegas since it's changed so much in the 45 years since DAF (looking at you, Spectreville!)  Also, Dubai.  The villain's gotta have a lair in the shape of a palm tree island!

#70 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

Dubai would be lovely.

#71 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:55 AM

Speaking of Australia, entertainment reporter for our Today Show posed the question to Sam Mendes on the world premier red carpet, and I detected a sly glint in his eye. Check it out at around the 5:15 minute mark.....

That was interesting. Of course I'd love them to come here to Sydney.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#72 The*SPY*

The*SPY*

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

Part of the trouble with James Bond films 1960's versus 2010's is that the movie going public of today travels quite a bit more than when the movies first came out.  In the 60's, the movies were gateways to world travel.  Today, people have traveled more and a lot of movies and television bring locale shooting to the viewer.

Having said that, there are a number of cities and countries that Bond has not been to.  I'm particularly amazed that we don't see more Commonwealth countries like Canada and Australia.  As an old colony (and somewhere I had lived in my young adulthood), I think Singapore would be a fantastic location, especially if the direction of the series were to take the "Shatterhand" approach.  Considering Blofeld and SPECTRE spent a lot of time in Europe (and Morocco) in SPECTRE, it would make sense to resurface in another part of the world such as Asia and the Pacific regions.  Not sure how Canada could fit into that!

#73 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:11 PM

That was interesting. Of course I'd love them to come here to Sydney.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'd rather they specifically come to my neck of the woods in Sydney.  :P

But alas, there's not much around Toongabbie worthy of a Bond movie.  :wacko:

#74 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:01 AM

Canada and Poland.

#75 AngusMcLean

AngusMcLean

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

New Zealand would be a great location for a Bond movie-it's not full of hobbits, honest! Skiing in the Alps, rocketing down highways, rural retreats, beautiful harbours...lots of action sports opportunities. Never been done before, so go on Barb and Mike, take a calculated risk!