New Bond Villians

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Vardo

Nick Vardo

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:13 AM

Who do you think should play the villian in Bond 21? I though that Ralph Fiennes or Gabriel Byrne would be awesome. Who do u think?

#2 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 01:49 AM

Personally, I would like to see Patrick Stewart as the villian in the next film. He's a great actor and can be very menacing to a degree. I would like to see him given a role that can make use of his acting ability but also something that can make him a villian you can really hate.

#3 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 05:19 PM

Patrick Stewart plays a shrink formerly on the payroll of the CIA who's been conducting secret mind control experiments on people, luring them into being Manchurian Candidates. Bond tracks him down, of course, but gets captured and tortured--flashbacks to OHMSS and FYEO, for Pierce's sake. It can be done. Who says all the good ideas have been done already?

#4 jeff319

jeff319

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 12:41 AM

They should really bring on a villain that is physically imposing, a real threat to Bond. My vote goes to Russel Crowe for the next Bond villain. Did anyone here see "Virtuosity?" Crowe was fantastic as the villain in that film, and I'd like to see him bring that sneering attitude into the next Bond film.

#5 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 07:32 AM

My top pick for a villain is Ian McKellen, followed by Jeremy Irons, Anthony Hopkins, perhaps Joaquin Phoenix (though I really hated his performance in Gladiator) and possibly Brendan Gleeson (Mickey Abraxis in The Tailor of Panama and the ringmaster of the 'flesh fair' in A.I.)

What I really want to see is an older villain, like the old days, one who sits back, controlling the operations rather than getting in there and doing the dirty work himself.

Dave

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 07:40 AM

All this talk about European vilians, we've had those in the last 4 films. I want an American villian again.