This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The November Marathon: Who wants to join me?

7 replies to this topic

#1 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:49 PM

Well, in exactly a month from today I will be beginning my annual James Bond movie marathon. I do it in November every year (except for next year when I'll be doing it in October to coincide with the release of the new movie).

It will begin on November 1st with Dr. No and will end on the 24th with Skyfall (I always include Never Say Never Again). 

I was thinking, anyone who owns the movies on DVD or Blu Ray (or both, like me!) do you fancy joining in? Perhaps the admin would be kind enough to make a sticky thread for it and all the members who are taking part could chime in daily with their thoughts on each movie? 

We could call it the James Bond November 2014 EPIC and we could all do it together as fans!

What do ya think? 

#2 Bond of Steele

Bond of Steele

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

I'd be in, but my mates and I started a Sunday night Bond night earlier in the summer.  Similar to the old ABC Bond movie night.  Unfortunately, with summer vacation, and other hampers in our schedules, we've only just finished OHMSS.  At the current rate, by the time we're finished, it will be time for the new Bond movie!!!    

I haven't seen some of these older movies in a while, and I will say, some always surprise me at how well they hold up, while others, that I used to think were the cat's meow, are really quite badly paced movies.

So please go for it, and I look forward to reading your reviews!!

#3 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

I would like to, but I've already planned to start my Bond marathon in the week between March 23rd and 29th, starting with the first episode of Fleming: The Man who would be Bond, episode two next week, and so on, and I will watch a Bond movie a week (including the three unofficial Bond movies), so that it'll coincide with the release of Bond 24 (although the marathon will actually end a couple of weeks earlier).

Edited by Walecs, 02 October 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#4 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

I'd like to get in on this. I'm due for one.

#5 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:39 AM

If I hadn't done a Bond marathon in the past year, I'd probably be willing to join in and do it again, but I just don't have the time or the desire to go through 23 films again.  

One thing that I had been meaning to do, however, is to give Licence to Kill another viewing and write an extensive review/tribute for the film's 25th Anniversary.

#6 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I am down for this for sure. We actually should sticky this! Would we do a movie a day or how would it work..

I am also a college student so doing a movie a day would probably be enough that I would have time for.

#7 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Like a 11 days to go till DN, can't wait.

Can we do NSNA the same day we do OP? Before or after?

That way we watch an official film everyday and the date corresponds with which film we are on. 

If people want it we can add CR 67 to say, YOLT or CR and maybe even other doc's like The James Bond Story, Everything Or Nothing, Spymaker, Goldeneye The Ian Flaming Story.

So it would be:

Nov 01 - DN

Nov 02 - FRWL

Nov 03 - GF

Nov 04 - TB

Nov 05 - YOLT + CR67

Nov 06 - OHMSS

Nov 07 - DAF

Nov 08 - LALD

Nov 09 - TMWTGG

Nov 10 - TSWLM

Nov 11 - MR

Nov 12 - FYEO

Nov 13 - OP + NSNA

Nov 14 - AVTAK

Nov 15 - TLD

Nov 16 - LTK

Nov 17 - GE

Nov 18 - TND

Nov 19 - TWINE

Nov 20 - DAD

Nov 21 - CR

Nov 22 - QOS

Nov 23 - SF + EON

#8 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Sorry guys, I did it in private. I decided not to bother this year since I did one last year and posted my thoughts and not only that I read all the non Fleming novels this year and posted my thoughts on those aswell. I didn't really think it would be fair if I took over the forums again.

Maybe next year when the new one comes out?