66 replies to this topic

#61 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

I prefer film , but some scenes in IMAX would be interesting to watch for sure. 

We are talking IMAX film, not digital. 

oh my bad. I was confused for a moment

I'm quite sure I'll love the look of the film, since all of Mende's movies have great cinematography, Bond 24 will be terrific in that regard.

#62 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

I figured this would be the best and only viable topic to post this. Since Spectre is being shot in 35mm, it currently isn't using the IMAX cameras for filming. However, it is indeed getting an IMAX DMR (Digital Media Remastering) release in IMAX digital projection as well as a release in the latest IMAX Laser Projection.

#63 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:19 AM

Interesting, thanks.

As I understand it, there were a handful of scenes which Mendes was considering shooting in IMAX , but they eventually decided against it - presumably mainly due to the cost.

#64 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

I could see that, as shooting with those special IMAX camera's is incredibly costly, and with the reports that Spectre is over-budget, this is the last thing they need added to the bunch. Instead, a special spherical lens is being used for the major action scenes, to give a somewhat similar IMAX feel. I'm actually keen to see this in IMAX laser projection, which is supposed to be the highest form of film projection yet.

#65 dirtymind

dirtymind

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

SPECTRE to be released in IMAX

http://collider.com/...d-spectre-imax/

#66 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

I'm surprised that they waited until after the teaser posters, of which included the imax information, to release a statement.

#67 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

I did see an article where the president of IMAX mentioned that this was going to be their biggest year yet, and mentioned that Spectre will either be shot with their cameras or use their aspect ratio. I also read that it was getting an IMAX DMR (laser projection as well) release too.

Remember, Skyfall was announced that it would receive an IMAX release in either January or February of 2012, already well into shooting.