So. Freaking. Awesome.

#2 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

It's just... I can't even... man... so, so cool.

#3 HoneyDiamond

HoneyDiamond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:10 AM

LOL!  That is really neat.  :laugh:

#4 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:32 AM

Really awesome.

#5 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Hilarious.

#6 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

I came across this video on Facebook and thought that it was fantastic. I'm glad it found its way here!

Pierce stopped moving to read "Picked up some body armor." Classic.  :laugh:

#7 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

In The Netherlands the public Broadcasting is always airing the Tonight Show from the day before. So when I saw this topic yesterday evening I immediately went to the right channel. Unfortunately the Brosnan interview was already in progress, but.... afterwards the show was repeated, so I watched and taped the complete interview. It was hilarious. Also funny was Brosnan's explanation how they filmed the ski scene from TWINE.

Edited by Grard Bond, 21 August 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#8 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

What was his explanation?

#9 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

What was his explanation?

Brosnan said that the filmmakers put him on some kind of contraption (forgot what he said it was called) that allowed them to "ski" him down the hill while he was on his knees while carrying two very short ski poles.  Apparently where they filmed the scene was a popular ski resort, so there were a lot of people waiting at the bottom of the slopes to get a glimpse of James Bond and, to paraphrase Brosnan, they were surprised to see Brosnan arrive at the bottom of the hill on his knees on some kind of sled-like contraption.

Brosnan obviously tells the story better.  ;)  If you can find video of his 2 segments on The Tonight Show, they're a worthwhile watch.  Brosnan himself was quite entertaining, and it was nice to see him look back fondly at James Bond, which I'm sure was in no doubt aided by the fact that Fallon couldn't stop gushing about how much he loved all of the Bond films.  

Brosnan's story about meeting Sean Connery was hilarious as well.  

#10 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thanks!  I´ll try to find the clips - sometimes NBC does not allow to view them if you live in Europe.  Some copyright-problem.

#11 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

haha cool.

#12 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

Thanks!  I´ll try to find the clips - sometimes NBC does not allow to view them if you live in Europe.  Some copyright-problem.

here, they uploaded that clip too

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Its definitely worth a viewing if you can find. They did 2 segments with him, so he got a lot of time to talk about both Bond and the November Man. Fallon also floated the idea about trying to get all of the Bond actors to come on the Tonight Show, which Pierce seemed agreeable to.

#14 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

Great clips, looks like Pierce 1 - never held a game controller, and 2 - had a blast!

#15 James Teen

James Teen

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

Impressive

#16 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

You know - I was an absolute pro at Goldeneye 007. To think I could actually kick the man himself's ass at it... 

I could take all of you on. I'm the Goldeneye MASTAH. 

#17 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

lol I was pretty good too, completed everything and could handle myself in multiplayer. loved putting explosions in the ending level clips, sometimes killing usually natalaya

#18 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

I was a contestant in a major Goldeneye 007 tournament at college. We ALL played. Two guys called Simon and Leon were the main event - but I had the honour of being a player in the warm up battle before the big fight. I was playing against a guy called Alex.

So whilst I wasn't part of the main event - the room was still packed with people wanting to see me play. I won but I felt bad about it, cause Alex was a nice guy - plus there was a bit of a fluky element to my winning. I myself actually wanted a rematch - but Leon and Simon were ready and when they played the room was SILENT. It was tense. We'd been hearing these guys trash talk each other for WEEKS so it was a BIG MOMENT. 

I'm cool with not being part of the main event because Simon and Leon were seriously something else. Leon actually bordered on supernatural. Know how he won? 

He knew where his opponent was going to respawn! He'd played it so many times he memorised the pattern - so every time Simon re-spawned - Leon was there to take him out. Quite a thing to witness. Simon's strength was sheer speed - but he still couldn't quite outwit Leon. He gave him a battle though. 

My skills did get me serious respect though, and Simon and Leon themselves chose me for the warm up fight. My speciality was tricky shots through walls and vents and things. I could literally take out someone in another room with a quick shot through a random hole in a wall - even with the HUD turned off. Alex, the guy I was playing was a STEALTHY little bastard though. Nice guy but an EVIL shot. That made us quite an even match. You just never knew that Alex was there. 

After that we all got drunk. 

#19 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

I was a contestant in a major Goldeneye 007 tournament at college. We ALL played. Two guys called Simon and Leon were the main event - but I had the honour of being a player in the warm up battle before the big fight. I was playing against a guy called Alex.

So whilst I wasn't part of the main event - the room was still packed with people wanting to see me play. I won but I felt bad about it, cause Alex was a nice guy - plus there was a bit of a fluky element to my winning. I myself actually wanted a rematch - but Leon and Simon were ready and when they played the room was SILENT. It was tense. We'd been hearing these guys trash talk each other for WEEKS so it was a BIG MOMENT. 

I'm cool with not being part of the main event because Simon and Leon were seriously something else. Leon actually bordered on supernatural. Know how he won? 

He knew where his opponent was going to respawn! He'd played it so many times he memorised the pattern - so every time Simon re-spawned - Leon was there to take him out. Quite a thing to witness. Simon's strength was sheer speed - but he still couldn't quite outwit Leon. He gave him a battle though. 

My skills did get me serious respect though, and Simon and Leon themselves chose me for the warm up fight. My speciality was tricky shots through walls and vents and things. I could literally take out someone in another room with a quick shot through a random hole in a wall - even with the HUD turned off. Alex, the guy I was playing was a STEALTHY little bastard though. Nice guy but an EVIL shot. That made us quite an even match. You just never knew that Alex was there. 

After that we all got drunk. 

What a memory indeed! 

My earliest memory of the game was being invited over to a friend's house. He and several of his friends had been talking up this game for weeks. Once introduced, the entertainment in my life would change for the better.

That was in the summer. A Nintendo 64 and a copy of GoldenEye would find itself on my Christmas list that same year! 

#20 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

I was pretty fair at GE... but I NEVER lost playing proximity mines! Indiana Jones getting to the Holy Grail was a cakewalk compared to some of the traps I set.

#21 Golddragon71

Golddragon71

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:06 PM

that's how I used to beat my ex girlfriend proximities on the undersides of the catwalks in the stacks.

I've just started replaying it all over again I really wish the PS3 reboot had some of the classic levels added on as unlockables.