Whatever happened to Honey & Co?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I don't think this has been done before, apologies if I'm proved wrong, but here goes.

We know what happens to the villains in Bond books, and films for that matter. Death, usually at 007's hands.

But whatever happened to the girls he loves and leaves? Some die - Vesper Lynd and Tracy Bond the most tragic examples - but most survive to the end of the adventure. We're given a few specifics about some, such as Gala Brand (Marriage, but not to Bond) Tiffany Case (Relationship, volatile at times, then marriage but, again, not to Bond) and Kissy Suzuki. (Relationship with a Bond who no longer knows he's Bond which ends when he stumbles across the word "Vladivostok")

But what about the others? John Pearson's "biography" of Bond has him reunited with a Honey Ryder who has changed somewhat since the Dr No assignment and in ways one might not have expected.

Anyone out there like to suggest what they think might have happened to the likes of Pussy Galore, Tatiana Romanova, Simone Latrelle, Domino Vitali, Judy Havelock, Liz Krest and Vivienne Michel after their all too brief encounters with "the spy who loved them". To say nothing of service personnel such as "Darling Lil" Ponsonby, Mary Ann Russell and Mary Goodnight?

(Be as serious or facetious as you like, BTW.)

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

With Simone Latrelle (whose very name is seldom seen anywhere else I might mention, very nifty...) we were told she did a cabaret act involving her "second sight" gift. She might have gone back that way, perhaps with a mind to find a more conventional benefactor than Bounaparte Ignace Gallia.

Tatiana Romanova I think was said to have been moved to Canada IIRC. Though on closer inspection it has to be said she worked on a SMERSH scheme against the Secret Service and therefore could just as well have shared the fate of Rosa Klebb if one wants to be really, really fussy about it...

Judy Havelock became M's ersatz-daughter and probably shares his Christmas meals whenever Bond is not available for an important crash-debrief...

Pussy Galore? Sing Sing of course, Bond visits her once a month with copies of Playgirl...

Liz Krest marries Fidele Barbey, mainly for services rendered during a certain sail trip. 

#3 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Vivienne Michel works for Murdoch's "News of the World". Gets implicated in news hacking scandal. Narrowly avoids prosecution.

Mary Goodnight became BFFs with Britt Ekland.