James Bond 2015 release

2 replies to this topic

#1 MrKissKissBangBang

MrKissKissBangBang

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

With the making of a new Bond film only months away I would like to put forward my ideas and thoughts on this for discussion.
Firstly I agree that a more traditional Bond film is overdue e.g gun barrel, pre title credits action , title credits, establishment of villainous threat, Bind getting new mission and then action/drama etc

I hope that with the long running legal mess ended, producers now have the rights to characters which they have not had for a long time, that we can see the use of Blofeld.
White cat and all, played by an experienced actress, to give it a new twist (we've had a female M so why not???)

Apparently Rome is a possible new setting for the film. Other new locations which could be used could involve most countries in Africa as well as Bond in Australia
I like Daniel Craig's take on Bond, as I believe the best Bond actors ground him in an emotional reality and it would be exciting to see him in the traditional Bond film
Story wise the re introduction of Blofeld would take advantage of the popularity of Scandanavian dramas such as Dragon Tattoo trilogy and The Killing etc
I would also like the script to be well thought out and a test for Bonds mind as well his action prowess
What I'm looking for is the next Licence to Kill in tone meets OHMSS action/scale/emotion core

What are your thoughts??

#2 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

ROME! That would be so perfect. I really am against Blofeld because I would really love if the Bond films had cooler villains that were fictional but that's just me.

I am also looking for the gun barrel to be at the beginning and for Craig to have a decent one before he is done as Bond.

I think it would be great to have a damsel in distress. That's so weird for me to say that because I am all for women kicking ass in films but in the Bond franchise, that's just a characteristic. the Damsels in Distress is what makes Bond Bond to me if that makes sense.

I am really excited to see more of Ralph Fiennes as M.

#3 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

I love Rome, but honestly I would like to see a country that is NOT Italy. Bond has spent too much time there recently in both CR and QoS. Scandinavia is intriguing, although I'd be equally as happy to see the Austrian shoot actually be for Austria.