12 replies to this topic

#1 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I recently came across a mail in or something for this. Was there another way that the DVD could be acquired other than purchasing a PPV viewing of Die Another Day?

http://www.mi6-hq.co...id=1&t=mi6&s=op

I loved having a VHS tape with all of the Bond trailers on it in the days before DVD.

#2 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Me too. I watched the VHS with the trailers a lot, but that was in a time you didn't have the trailers on the the tape with the movies.

Now with dvd and blu ray all the trailers are on the disc with the relevant movie, so it's not realy necessary to have a disc with the trailers.

Unfortunately no trailers on the CR dvd and blu ray.

Edited by Grard Bond, 01 June 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#3 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

Got it. I was doing some sorting and I came across an offer for the dvd on something MGM that I had. I'm trying to find it at the moment. I am interested in obtaining the DVD as well.

I'll post more if / when I find the item that I was looking at about receiving the free dvd.

#4 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Was there a promotion for the DVD with the 60s bond card set in 2002 as part of the 40th anniversary?? I know I came across some of the cards the other day. Driving me a bit crazy to know what I saw and what the offer was. It would be cool to have the DVD. Not sure why or how I missed it in 2002.

#5 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

I remember in the UK, owning a promo DVD (with the flaming girl 'The World Is Not Enough' teaser poster as the cover), and it had most of the trailers on it.

In fact I was surprised at the 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' trailer, as I always grew up with this one on my VHS:

#6 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Was the DVD an MGM release???

#7 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

Did MGM offer a trailer DVD on 007.com during 2002 or 2003???

#8 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

The only promo dvd I got was when I bought a Phillips dvd player around 2001. It was in a box with Bond on it and you got for free with it the dvd of Dr. No, Tomorrow Never Dies and the dvd promo from TWINE and a couple of trailers (but not all) on it.

Edited by Grard Bond, 01 June 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#9 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

Found it!

Free Collector's Edition 007 Trailer DVD... December 2002 at 007.com...

http://web.archive.o...://www.007.com/

Clicke on Bond 20. It brings up the Die Another Day page. Scroll down a bit. You can see the link, but it no longer works and is not archived.

Does anyone have more information about this item or program on how one received this disc?

Thanks!

index_dad_15.jpg

Edited by scaramunga, 02 June 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#10 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

The only promo dvd I got was when I bought a Phillips dvd player around 2001. It was in a box with Bond on it and you got for free with it the dvd of Dr. No, Tomorrow Never Dies and the dvd promo from TWINE and a couple of trailers (but not all) on it.

Yep! That's the one I got, that was my first DVD player.  My mum and dad bought me for Christmas! Felt like a king, as I didn't know anyone else who owned one.

#11 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

Yep! That's the one I got, that was my first DVD player.  My mum and dad bought me for Christmas! Felt like a king, as I didn't know anyone else who owned one.

Thanks for the post. I have been unable to find a copy of the DVD that I posted about from 007.com. I wonder what the story was with it?

#12 Colossus

Colossus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:13 AM

The one on ohmss makes it look good.

#13 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

Still looking for further information about the DVD. Thanks!