Dalton Likes Bond!

No replies to this topic

#1 Keffe

Keffe

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 02:20 PM

Hi, just a quick note to say I was talking to Timothy Dalton in LA when his invitation came through for the DAD premiere & reunion in London. Just to say, and I'm sure he won't mind me putting the record straight, he enjoyed being Bond and is very proud of his stint.

He went on to say that he really likes what Pierce is doing with the character. In some ways is a lot like what he wanted to do. The only difference is that he was Bond through a transient phase of the franchise where it was trying to find a voice for the end of the millennium.

Now, it's only with Pierce's fourth outting that they've seem to have found it... and it's telling that all the critics are loving Pierce's darker take on the character in this one, something Tim was doing all those years before.

I personally thought he was a great Bond for the time. He had it tough following Roger, and came in for some personal critism - however the proof of what Tim achieved can be realised simply by screening The Living Daylights back to back with A View To A Kill. They are light years apart.

As to what he's doing now - he's currently shooting with Steve Martin on a film for Warner Brothers.