7 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 01:45 AM

Anyone watch a season six episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, three high school boys grown up a bit, messing around with Buffy, and they comment on films and stuff, and one episode, they were talking about all the Bonds. I can't remember the episode title, but its in season six. These boys find ways to get powers to take on Buffy and they comment on films and tv.

And one of them says "Timothy Dalton deserves the oscar for his work on Bond, and should hit Connery on the head with it!"

:) Haha, yep he said that. Joss Whedon writes the show, its shows how much cult perceptions change, I know it doesn't mean much, but we hear so much of Connery, Moore, Brosnan wasn't menstioned, and Dalton came out the winner in that arguement. Joss Whedon, talented writer and creator of Buffy and Angel, and films, shows how varied opinions are. It was good to see Dalton being menstioned like that. And I find it interesting in years, when each new generation, will they always choose certain Bonds over the other, I think Tim's popuality of taking on Bond as a serious actor and taking those risks of hard edge Bond, which Pierce described as Brave, is always going to respond to some, because you could relate to the realism more.

Excellent.

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 02:50 AM

I wouldn't call that praise. The villain who said that about Dalton was the wimpiest, nerdiest of the trio. I typed in a transcript of the trio's conversation when the show first aired. You can find it in this thread.

#3 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 05:04 AM

Yep, Andrew got his *** handed to him on a platter by Warren after he said that. Yes yes, thats right, I'm a huge Buffy fan!

And to be technical, Joss had nothing to do with that dialogue :) He's no longer involved with Buffy as much as he used to be.

#4 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 12:13 PM

the wimp might of said it, but glad he menstioned it.
Ok Joss wasn't involved, but whoever writ it in, I enjoyed it alot.!
I should of had a different title.

#5 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 09:33 PM

Ah, I'm a huge Buffy fan too:D. I'll look out for this one, as I don't have Sky, so its only aired on normal TV on Channel 2 every Thursday. poor Buffy, she's been having a rough time of late hasn't she?:)

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 04:34 AM

Originally posted by Carver
Ah, I'm a huge Buffy fan too:D. I'll look out for this one, as I don't have Sky, so its only aired on normal TV on Channel 2 every Thursday. poor Buffy, she's been having a rough time of late hasn't she?:)

Depends what Season they are showing over there right now. Here in America we're on Season 7.

#7 Felix's lighter

Felix's lighter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 07:11 PM

I didn't care for Dalton, but I doubt Brosnan would be able to portray his version of 007 if Dalton had not reintroduced a more serious take on the role. Capsule reviews: TLD - one of the best Bond films with one of the best performances by Dalton. LTK - strong story, good acting by Dalton and Davi but horrible acting by many others, horrible hairstyle on Dalton.

#8 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:54 PM

Originally posted by JimmyBond

Depends what Season they are showing over there right now. Here in America we're on Season 7.

We're on Season 6 now, geez, you guys always get there before us don't you? What I meant by the 'rough time' was about her having to dig herself out of her grave etc, and telling Spike about being alive again is really hell. I saw a bit of an episode today with Andrew, Waren and Jonathon init, so the Bond thing could have been in it today, I must have missed it:(