36 replies to this topic

#31 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Walecs I liked everything you said but think the spoiler you refer to was done in Skyfall and even a bit in TWiNE (though can't remember if it went that far). If I recall the book correctly, part of that plot is also in DAD (what you are refering to happens after Bond is captive for a while right?). But overall, I like the ideas you have and think it could make for a nice thread for 24 and 25. 

Thank you very much, Puskin.

What I meant, actually, was an assassination attempt by Bond himself. In the novels of YOLT and TMWTGG

Spoiler

#32 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

@Walecs I do remember the scene well from the books. For me, that scene or anything like it just would not work in a contempoary film as it defies belief IMHO. But even if we put that to one side (I am guessing you feel differently - and I am always happy to agree to disagree), I just don't know how many times you can have an assassination attempt on M. If they do that again, it should not be, IMHO, until another actor is Bond's shoes (and preferably several years into his reign as Bond). But as I said, I loved all of your other ideas. :-)

#33 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

@Walecs I do remember the scene well from the books. For me, that scene or anything like it just would not work in a contempoary film as it defies belief IMHO. But even if we put that to one side (I am guessing you feel differently - and I am always happy to agree to disagree), I just don't know how many times you can have an assassination attempt on M. If they do that again, it should not be, IMHO, until another actor is Bond's shoes (and preferably several years into his reign as Bond). But as I said, I loved all of your other ideas. :-)

I understand your point of view, and I agree. Maybe they should update it, or something. And yes, they should wait some years before trying another attempt to M's life.

#34 Ace Roberts

Ace Roberts

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

I must admit - I have gotten rather tired of the continued push by many here to name the next film Shatterhand -to update the Garden of Death - and to reintroduce Blofeld as the main villain. That has gone on for YEARS! 

But after Skyfall - and after the time between films - the intrigue of pulling that off has become- IMHO - very appealing. If the right actor was chosen, if the right atmosphere was set (too bad Deakins is off the project) - this could be a brilliant, brilliant move.

Face it, the best Bond films are the ones where the main villain plays an equal role - and doesn't just blend in and out of the action. I have no idea where they are headed - but something along these lines could be the next great chess move in this game called Bond.

#35 Caesar004

Caesar004

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

I'd like to see portraits of all previous Bond actors marked 'KILL ON SIGHT: ROGUE AGENT' or something like that.

#36 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

I'd like to see portraits of all previous Bond actors marked 'KILL ON SIGHT: ROGUE AGENT' or something like that.

*looking at Connery's picture*

"How does it feel, old man?"

#37 0024

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

I think a great thread from the books that no film has done so far is the ending resolution of the novel Moonraker with Gala Brand.  Meaning, after after falling for eachother on the adventure and the ringer they've been put through,

Spoiler

I think it's revealing for the character, and something that really hasn't been explored in the films.

I think there's enough style and substance in the books to pull than the endless referencing of the previous features.  (That said, I did like the exploding pen line, and the very on the nose reference to hollowed out volcanoes that was deleted from TWINE.)

Edited by 0024, 04 March 2014 - 06:32 PM.