4 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Since we are not having a new game this year or even some news her and there , I thought sharing this article would be useful for us to discuss more about bond gaming future : http://business.fina...__lsa=0f40-f601

#2 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

I support this, because I agree a company should understand what Bond is before making a videogame based on it, and 007 Legends was not 007.

However, I think his criticism of GoldenEye is wrong, as Rare did an excellent job in portraying James Bond.

#3 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

I support this, because I agree a company should understand what Bond is before making a videogame based on it, and 007 Legends was not 007.

However, I think his criticism of GoldenEye is wrong, as Rare did an excellent job in portraying James Bond.

I agree with your statement about the criticism of GoldenEye. In 1996-97, you can only do much with the technology that you have. Yes, it was just a floating gun, but they nailed most of the movie aspects to a tee, not to mention other levels that they added to add to the storyline. Not to mention that game pretty much defined the FPS games we have today.  

#4 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

I agree with your statement about the criticism of GoldenEye. In 1996-97, you can only do much with the technology that you have. Yes, it was just a floating gun, but they nailed most of the movie aspects to a tee, not to mention other levels that they added to add to the storyline. Not to mention that game pretty much defined the FPS games we have today.  

Exactly. Sure, if you play it today it looks a lot dated (it's a shame that the XBLA and Wii remake got cancelled, and we had GoldenEye Reloaded instead), but for the time it was amazing. Not only they captured the essence of the film, but they even expanded it. If you play any movie tie-in today, it's a game which will last about 5 hours, while GoldenEye 64 had a long longevity.

#5 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

I don't agree with him calling Dalton's Bond "corn-ballish". Dalton is one of the best to play Bond, and portrays him the way meant to be played. Other than that, I agree with everything else he said.