http://www.purplerev...ladbrokes-.html

#2 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

What's with Benedict Cumberbatch on all of them?  Is his casting a pervading rumor?

Dave

#3 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

I think it was confirmed Benedict Cumberbatch will never be Bond. But if he was, I wouldn't mind.

#4 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think it was confirmed Benedict Cumberbatch will never be Bond. But if he was, I wouldn't mind.

Well, he's listed here alongside Daniel Craig, so presumably the makers of these are speculating on a supporting role for him (probably villain).

Dave

#5 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I would. Benedict Cumberbatch should never be Bond.. ever. I am sorry he just doesn't have the James Bond look to me.

#6 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

I would. Benedict Cumberbatch should never be Bond.. ever. I am sorry he just doesn't have the James Bond look to me.

Heh, no problem, I respect your tastes  ;)

#7 Leon

Leon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

While I understand that viewpoint, thing is that was said of Craig but he hit the gym, did the homework and pulled it off so well his spikey blonde hair became a minor detail and his less than imposing physique and stature became incredibly strong and imposing.

The idea of what James Bond looks like has changed throughout the films and different actors. People always complain that a new Bond 'doesn't look like Bond' simply because everybody has their own idea of what Bond should look like and how far the boundaries should be crossed. These ideas then change in time one people become accustomed to a new look/actor.

Furthermore, while Cumberbatch isn't my ideal choice, I must say if he hit the gym anything like Craig and did his homework he could be really good in a fresh way. And as for his looks.. well, Ian Fleming himself commissioned this drawing of James Bond and it's not a dissimilar look to Benedict:

220px-Fleming007impression.jpg