The Periscope under the Russian Embassy - FRWL

The briefcase - FRWL

Watches - GE, DAD

Skyhook - TB (if that counts)

Fake Nipple - TMWTGG

RMS Queen Elizabeth houses MI6 operations in Hong Kong harbour - TMWTGG

Ski Pole/Gun - TSWLM

Yo-yo saw - OP

I also love those scenes like in FRWL and AVTAK when Bond finds a bug in his room. 

List of James Bond gadgets

http://en.wikipedia....es_Bond_gadgets

#2 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

The Golden Gun - even though it wasn't a Q Branch issue.

SPECTRE's scuba tow sleds - ditto.

The Lotus Esprit - submersible or not.

If I cared, I could create a second list - using the one on Wiki - of all the items which are not gadgets of any kind (such as Bond's pants pockets in AVTAK).

#3 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

As a kid (and even more so now that I'm an adult having to drive in traffic!), the gadgets in the Aston Martin were always favorites. 

However, I have a childhood affinity to the wrist dart-gun from MR.  I know... on the whole, its a silly gadget/weapon, but as a 9-10 year old kid who was on the very precipice of diving into the 'world of 007'  circa 1979-80, that was ONE COOL WEAPON!  On top of that, it was the only 007 gadget I could replicate at that age (a Micronauts toy rocket launcher, flexible wrist watch band, and steel-tips glued to the 'launcher's' missile.)    I never used it (it would've only put someone's eye out - at best!), but wearing my "007 gadget" to school each day gave me the confidence-boost to tell some older/bigger boys to, "Go fu#k yourself!"   The bully-boys never knew what I had up my sleeve (literally!), but my (007-gadget-fueled) bravado must have convinced them that there was 'more than met the eye' when it came to me because I never got into a fight.    

So, for nothing else than keeping me out of youthful scuffles, my vote goes to the wrist dart-gun of MR.

Edited by Double Naught spy, 11 December 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#4 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

But how doe Bond select which type of dart (explosive or poisonous) he'll need next?

#5 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Rolex in LALD - nostalgic reasons. LALD was my first Bond in the cinema, and the watch just blew me away (in my defense I was a little kid at the time). That fact that I now owned a Submariner for over a decade, my defense is I'm now a big kid..........!

Also really like the suitcase - the way it's used in the FRWL fight is perfect. It starts the punch-up and then it ends it with a great deal of can-he-get-it-in-time drama. 

#6 WhatMeWorry?

WhatMeWorry?

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Brosnan's laser watch. That thing would sure be handy. Sort of like having an over the top Swiss Army Knife.

#7 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Brosnan's laser watch. That thing would sure be handy. Sort of like having an over the top Swiss Army Knife.

And to think, NSNA had it first.

Also from NSNA, a trick compartment in my suitcase to carry all my forbidden nibbles, next time I'm sent to a health farm, wouldn't come amiss...

#8 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

As a child this always seemed to me to be the most definitive James Bond gadget (probably because it's so often the kind of thing the parodies jump on). The Motorola phone in TND that acted as a remote control for his car absolutely blew my young mind though. I would often fish out the VHS (taped off ITV) and skip to the Q Branch scene just for that. Hard to believe that in 1997, phones that could perform tasks other than basic calls seemed like cumbersome science fiction. I was so obsessed by this gadget that I remember making a pretend one out of cardboard and imagining how the controls worked.

Other than that, I liked the Thunderball rebreather for some reason, the gun-cigarettes in YOLT, the Rolex in LALD, the camera-ring in AVTAK, the X-Ray Specs and the awesome grappling hook watch (just like Batman!) in TWINE - all the ones that would appeal to a young boy. Watching the films now, nostalgia has prevented any of these gadgets from seeming like the gimmicks they really are.