Bond 24 isn't coming out till November 6, 2015

20 replies to this topic

#1 GBaxter

GBaxter

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Considering what a pretty abysmal year Sony has had, with disastrous flops like After Earth and White House Down,

the promise of Bond 24 coming out at the end of 2014, 2 years after Skyfall (after the lengthy delay that saw that

get finally made with MGM's financial problems), is unfortunately not true, as Bond 24 has been officially pencilled

in for a November 6, 2015 release by Sony.

It'd probably be easier and much more sensible, having the scripts of Bond 24, 25 and even 26 written together and

have the 24 and 25 filmed made back to back, to save money and also to help ensure a faster release.

Craig will be almost 47 when this starts filming probably in November 2014 - January 2015 and he isn't getting younger,

so it's likely Bond 25 will be his last film, as these films require the lead to be in excellent physical shape.

Edited by GBaxter, 08 December 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#2 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Birthday present a day early!

#3 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Actually, they had already confirmed Bond 24 release date for October/November 2015 (can't remember the day).

#4 GBaxter

GBaxter

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

It's not October, but November 6.

#5 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

The film will be released first in the UK in October and the Nov. 6 date is for the US.

While it would seem to make sense to have scripts written in advance, they've just never done that. I too am concerned about Craig's aging, but Cubby let Moore go  on for years and years.  I don't think they'll let it go that route, but they seem to really like Craig and want to hold on to him as long as they can. That's one of the things about the current 3-year or so cycle is it doesn't account for the real physical concerns about an actor. A lot of people thought Brosnan aged a lot between GE and DAD.

#6 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

I have always thought that an actor could play Bond until he was about 55 depending on how well he ages.  Moore, unfortunately, did not age well and should have walked away after FYEO.  I think Brosnan could have easily done one more without much of a problem. While Craig does sometimes look a little bit haggard I think it suits the character well and now there also seems to be a willingness to acknowledge Bond growing older. At the end of the day, I would rather see 3-4 year gaps between movies provided that the additional time is taken to develop a good script.  If the producers were smart they would be working on scripts 1 - 2 movies ahead of time and that could result in shorter gaps.  For me, I would rather have one great Bond movie over 4 years instead of 2 ok Bond movies.

#7 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Nice to know the US release date's confirmed - that means the UK release date will be around October 31st.

I'm saddened, but not too concerned, by Craig's ageing as long as they don't try to cover it up, like Moore embarrassingly did. I am one of the people who thinks Brosnan aged a lot between GE and DAD and am glad he finished his run when he did to avoid that embarrassment.

Craig looks much older in SF than he does in CR, even if some of that is deliberate. I'd prefer not to have any more 'I'm too old for this' brooding in Bond 24 and just get on with telling a good story - Craig's ageing only plays a factor when casting the love interests and choreographing action scenes.

It's a huge shame we won't get more than five Craig Bonds. But that's more than enough when they're good :)

#8 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Funny, because last year Craig was rumored to star in 8 Bond movies.

#9 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

That was just Michael G. Wilson's wishful thinking ;)

#10 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

It will be interesting to see whether EON sticks with Craig much longer - or some would say too long, like with Moore.

Both actors are/have been extremely successful in their previous outings. Recasting the role even as "early" as after BOND 24 could prove a problem and endanger future earnings.

But when will Craig become too much same old, same old?

This thought right now might be silly - but every Bond actor had an expiration date.

My guess is: Craig will do, as he said, two more films and then bow out even though EON and SONY will want him to stay on. The question will be whether he can withstand the money and the thought that after Bond his salary will dwindle and his success will be hit and miss, despite delivering great performances.

#11 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Birthday present a day early!

23 days early for me!

#12 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

THIS IS TOO LONG.. :'(

#13 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I'm okay with a 3 year gap. Craft a great film and take the extra time to perfect it. Just no more 4 year gaps. We saw how it hurt Star Trek Into Darkness and I don't think Bond would keep it up with the box office gross if too much time was left between films.

#14 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Now, now, Iceskater.  Try waiting 6 years! 

#15 elizabeth

elizabeth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2285 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Now, now, Iceskater.  Try waiting 6 years! 

Agreed.  Us kids have it so much easier these days. :P

#16 JamesBondRadio.com

JamesBondRadio.com

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'm worried Daniel's going to look like an old tea bag by the time we get to Bond 25...though I'd rather they take their time and make quality, rather than rush out another QoS.

#17 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Actually Moore did age well, but he was 57 when his last one was made and 57 is...57.

Craig better leave his hair a bit longer in the next one because the super short look in the Skyfall made him look older.

#18 kaiserthegreat

kaiserthegreat

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

I think Sean Connery's 40 (DAF) looked older than Moore's 44 (LALD). 30s and 80s, Sean Connery wins.  Middle age, Moore had it, IMO.  

#19 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Actually Moore did age well, but he was 57 when his last one was made and 57 is...57.

Craig better leave his hair a bit longer in the next one because the super short look in the Skyfall made him look older.

I think Sean Connery's 40 (DAF) looked older than Moore's 44 (LALD). 30s and 80s, Sean Connery wins.  Middle age, Moore had it, IMO.  

Hehe, very true!

Moore aged really well, as did Brosnan. But every actor reaches their 'too old' phase, and for Moore I think he should've ended with For Your Eyes Only (there are other reasons he should've stopped there, but that's another conversation), just as I think Brosnan was lucky he stopped with Die Another Day.

In my opinion, Connery starts looking old in You Only Live Twice, but manages to get away with it. Like you say, he looks surprisingly old in Diamonds Are Forever and I'm glad he didn't go any further (NSNA doesn't count :P )

#20 JohnnyWalker

JohnnyWalker

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I thought he aged really well until his last three, then it caught up with him in a hurry.

Craig just needs the right haircut, he looked younger at the SF premiere than in the movie.

#21 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

I thought he aged really well until his last three, then it caught up with him in a hurry.

Craig just needs the right haircut, he looked younger at the SF premiere than in the movie.

Yeah, I agree. One of my biggest wants for the next couple of films is Craig's hair to be fixed. He looks great with the slightly longer look of QoS (see also: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)