3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Gale

Dan Gale

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

I've uploaded two very rare interviews that Sean Connery conducted around the release of Never Say Never Again as (A) my VHS tapes are falling apart and they needed digitising, ( B) they are still not on YouTube and © the blu-ray of NSNA again could have pushed the boat out and included them if the budget allowed, but since it didn't, here they are.

I still don't fully understand how YouTube gets away with hosting things that others own the rights to, but since these are both very old, very rare and unavailable to the public in any other medium, I hope the rights owners don't care.

Film '83 Never Say Never Again special interview with Sean Connery

The Guardian Lectures: Sean Connery Talks to Iain Johnstone about Never Say Never Again 1984

#2 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Interesting interviews.  We often see only snippets of Connery, and he can come across as a sour old coot.  Here, he's more relaxed, more witty, and more charming.  In the Barry Norman interview, he spends more time talking about Bond than in most of the interviews I've seen.  I wish that the fellow who, in the NFT interview, asked him if he liked James Bond had let him answer the question fully. 

Thanks for posting.

#3 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Nice one very interesting to see these

#4 Colossus

Colossus

Lt. Commander