No replies to this topic

#1 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well, this has been the year that I completely upgraded myself as a Bond fan. I read all of the Ian Fleming originals, bought the movies on Blu-Ray and did a marathon. The marathon ended yesterday with Skyfall. I ended my Bond season the perfect way today. Along with my good chum Pete, I attended An Afternoon With Sir Roger Moore at the Hexagon in Reading.

Sadly, we missed our chance to meet the man - but I did managed to pick up a copy of his book Bond On Bond with an autographed card in it, and picked up a copy of My Word Is My Bond for a mate, which also had one of these cards.

The man was a legend. He was interviewed at length about his extraordinary career, however, I doubt anything he had to say was news to anyone in here when it came to his tenure as Our Man. Still, it was lovely to just hear the guy chat - especially about his work with UNICEF.

However, true to form, he managed to work in a sly dig at Grace Jones (which he often does, lol). He was talking about how terrifying it was to work with the crocs in Live And Let Die. He ended the anecdote with "I'd rather work with Grace Jones again!" It got a massive laugh and he responded to the audience by putting his finger to his lips and saying "Oops, I shouldn't have said that".

Absolute legend. That Bond On Bond and I have a date tonight, curled up on my bed with David Arnold's Shaken And Stirred: The James Bond Project playing softly in the background. Hmmm, Heaven! 

Stunning stuff.  :D