11 replies to this topic

#1 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Just a quick shout out to everyone at CBn. Happy Halloween! How will everyone be celebrating today? Trick or treating with their kids? Going to parties? Here in Spain, I taught my students how to trick-or-treat and tonight will be having a party with friends. Unfortunately, I can't go trick-or-treating with my sister, which is a shame as it is probably the last time she will go. She's just getting too old. Hope whatever you guys do is fun. Happy Halloween!

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Happy Halloween everybody! I'll be celebrating with ice-cold Coke Zero...  

#3 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!! Sadly, I'll be working tonight but I'll have time to celebrate with the original Halloween (1978) inbetween work shifts..

#4 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!! Sadly, I'll be working tonight but I'll have time to celebrate with the original Halloween (1978) inbetween work shifts..

Now that is scary!

#5 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hah...Perhaps I should have been more specific.. I'll have time to watch the movie this afternoon, before I go back to work tonight... :P

#6 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'm going to sit at home and do nothing, since it's a foolish American thing that doesn't interest me. 

#7 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I was lead to believe it has more of an Irish origin, if certainly not in the form celebrated today. But even if it had been the sole invention of Woolworth, Hearst and Crysler - just think of all those spectacular 'Treehouse of Horrors' episodes of the SIMPSONS we have to thank them for, marvellous! 

#8 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

I was lead to believe it has more of an Irish origin, if certainly not in the form celebrated today. But even if it had been the sole invention of Woolworth, Hearst and Crysler - just think of all those spectacular 'Treehouse of Horrors' episodes of the SIMPSONS we have to thank them for, marvellous! 

I that, at least how we celebrate it in the U.S., is somewhat more influenced by Mexico. At least that's what my research showed. I probably told my students the wrong thing. I'm a great English teacher.

#9 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I that, at least how we celebrate it in the U.S., is somewhat more influenced by Mexico. At least that's what my research showed. I probably told my students the wrong thing. I'm a great English teacher.

Oh, never mind. Just continue to tell them your version the next ten years and - voilá - it's magically become the agreed version...  ;)

#10 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

I'm going to sit at home and do nothing, since it's a foolish American thing that doesn't interest me. 

Pretty much my sentiment as well.  I'll probably watch a horror film or two tonight, since I'm sure there will be plenty of them on tonight and that's probably my favorite genre of film, but aside from that I generally find Halloween to be atop the list of  "holidays" that should be done away with here in America.

#11 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

Happy Halloween everybody!

Would love to see all the James Bond characters doing the Micheal Jackson dance and song to 'Thriller'. 

#12 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Pretty much my sentiment as well.  I'll probably watch a horror film or two tonight, since I'm sure there will be plenty of them on tonight and that's probably my favorite genre of film, but aside from that I generally find Halloween to be atop the list of  "holidays" that should be done away with here in America.

Wait, what?!