8 replies to this topic

#1 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 02:26 PM

Last week in a thread suggesting an interview show featuring the five actors who have played James Bond, I said I thought Timothy Dalton wouldn't appear and seemed to not want to talk about his time as Bond. I just want to say I was way wrong and was pleasantly surprised to seem he appeared at the DAD premier and was even quoted.

I think it's great for him to get into the spirit and acknowledge what an important part of film history. I still enjoy his tenure as 007 and hope he will continue to take an active part in the Bond legacy.

As for Connery, as much as I like him, it would be nice for him to acknowledge he is part of film legend as part of the series?

#2 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 10:31 PM

I think Daltan is very proud to have played Bond, but I seem to remember him saying that he didn't want it to control his career (this is going back to the 90's). It's understandable that he wants to be remembered as an actor and not just as Bond.

Perhaps that's why he rarely talks about his involvement (even the DVD interviews were from 1987 and 1989).

I agree about Connery. I don't understand his almost total rejection of Bond, he always sounds annoyed or bored when talking about it. :)

#3 jeff319

jeff319

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 01:47 AM

Yeah, although Connery claims that he couldn't attend the premiere due to "filming conflicts," I don't think that he even wanted to be there. Still, it's cool to see Timothy Dalton still willing to chat about Bond.

#4 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 03:00 PM

Connery was in Europe finishing filming of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, where he and the director have been in a pissing match due to the incompetence of the director. It's not Connery's fauly he couldn't be there. It would have been too wild if he had been there. 5 Bonds in one place.

#5 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 12:12 AM

Any photos of the Bonds at the premier?
Jim

#6 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:37 AM

It was good to see Dalton again, was highlight of the premiere for me.

#7 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 02:40 AM

Originally posted by Jamie007
Any photos of the Bonds at the premier?
Jim

Pictures here:
http://www.bondpix.com/

#8 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for that SeanValen00V. Interesting photo, if only Connery was in it! I must say that Connery has certainly aged better then Moore and Lazenby.
jim

#9 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Jamie007
Thanks for that SeanValen00V. Interesting photo, if only Connery was in it! I must say that Connery has certainly aged better then Moore and Lazenby.
jim

Weird that, Connery's looks better as a old man then those two, but in his 40s, Diamonds are forever period, it was a weird look he had, Moore was youthful into his 40s, early 50s, I think they've both aged well, just their both in their 70s, and you can't picture Moore being bald, so its old hair.