what Bond's true focus should be on for Bond 20

10 replies to this topic

#1 golden gun

golden gun

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2001 - 09:48 PM

Blofeld never got his in the movies. He killed Tracy and never really got what was coming to him. In Bond 20, since now they can, I want to see Blofeld return, and Bond face him one final time. This time giving the film fans what we want....revenge. I will later write my own story for how I think Bond and Blofeld encouter should go. I see Bond having all his old feeling for Tracy rush back to him.....and all the hate he has for Blofeld return at the same time! The film fans deserve closure! I want it before Pierce leaves the role because he could play this better than anyone.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 09:46 AM

Well in the court case MGM won the rights to Blofeld I believe.

#3 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 07:49 PM

mrmoon (25 Jul, 2001 01:28 p.m.):
Slightly off the subject but Kevin Mclory, or should that be Mglory-grabber. I hate him so much. All he wants is to say he created bond and he bloody didn't. He gets me so angry. Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Don't worry; he'll probably pop off soon. Either that or some deranged Bond fan will assassinate him.

And about the death of Blofeld- I thought that was what FYEO's teaser was about. For legal reasons, they couldn't say it WAS Blofeld, but isn't it rather obvious?

Dave

#4 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 03:49 PM

Unless EON gets the rights back for Blofeld they can't use him. I think we'll probably never see him again.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 11:27 PM

Hi Dave,

When they filmed FYEO they were in a legal case against McClory. That was their way of saying "we don't need your stinking character anyway, he doesn't make James Bond".

But of course they will never say it was Blofeld because it was such a pathetic death.

Blofeld in the films is very much alive... somewhere!

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 24 July 2001 - 02:15 AM

It's something that I think all fans want. The death of Blofeld. And Brosnan would play it best I'd say.

The only thing is that EON are always saying how they don't want to revisit old ground. So I guess as far as we all know, Blofeld is still alive and kicking!

#7 golden gun

golden gun

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 01:24 AM

They should get over that and listen to what the fans want. Tracy's death must be avenged!

#8 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 09:16 AM

The trouble is they can't use Blofeld, becuase McClory holds the rights to him.

#9 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 11:37 AM

Did they? Maybe they could make it then.

#10 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 12:28 PM

Slightly off the subject but Kevin Mclory, or should that be Mglory-grabber. I hate him so much. All he wants is to say he created bond and he bloody didn't. He gets me so angry. Sorry had to get that off my chest.

#11 Boldman

Boldman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 09:17 AM

It would be good to see though.