Happy Birthday Roger Moore!

4 replies to this topic

#1 MooseWithFleas

MooseWithFleas

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

A tremendous Bond and even a better human being! Raise your glasses to the great Sir Roger Moore!! 

#2 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

Indeed. HereĀ“s to you, Sir Roger!

#3 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Roger, happy birthday! You're my moviehero since I was a kid.

Thanks for all the great fun and many happy years to come!

#4 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Very belated "happy birthday" wishes Sir Roger!

Just like when I wrote to Sir Sean on his birthday and hoped that someone on his 'staff' monitored this site and brought my post to his attention, I hope that you as well have such a diligent staff of lackeys at the ready and you get this post.

Sir Roger,

You were "my first" 007 and, as such, you deserve most if not all the credit for introducing me the world of 007.  It was the summer of 1980, and I was visiting my older cousin down  in Florida.  I had never heard of James Bond that fateful night we were allowed to 'camp-out' in his living room and watch HBO until we fell asleep.  As a boy of 11, I was all about Star Wars, Star Trek, and comic book heroes; so when you were pushed out of the personal jet in the beginning of Moonraker and started "flying", I was intrigued by this 007 character I had stumbled upon.  And when you went into space, I was completely hooked!

When I returned home from my vacation, I began a thorough search for all the "007 stuff" I could find.  By the time For Your  Eyes Only was released in 1981, my obsession with "all things 007" was at such a peak that my father (who I don't think had seen a Bond film since Goldfinger) relented and took me to see your new movie.  We had a blast that night, with both of us enjoying FYEO greatly.  We had such a good time that, by 1983, it was no problem for me to 'convince' him into taking me to see Octopussy (which we also enjoyed.)

As I've grown older, and put "laser gun battles in space" and "flying 00 agents" aside, I've come to realize by seeing your other works that you are more than a great 007-protrayer.  Not that I've seen the entire library of your work, but everything I have seen just enforces my belief that you are you a very talented actor who makes the entire 'acting-process 'seem effortless.    For example, your work on The Saint (nothing against you're portrayal as Bond) is something to be treasured and studied by all up-and-coming acting students.  From the natural charm you exude to the ease in which you break the "fourth-wall",  you strike that uncommon balance between of bringing as much of yourself, as well as the literary character into the roll you play on screen.  In my opinion, you are truly a master of your craft.

In conclusion, may this be one of MANY more birthdays you celebrate.  Sorry again for the belatedness of my post, but please let not the lateness of it be confused with a lack of caring or sincerity.

Edited by Double Naught spy, 25 October 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#5 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Happy VERY VERY Belated Birthday Sir Roger Moore! 11 days belated to be specific. Happy 86th Birthday Sir Moore.