6 replies to this topic

#1 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Early word is that Random House has announced Steve Cole as the next author of the Young Bond stories.  The first will be published in the autumn of 2014.

Cole has written stories in the Astrostars series and has written Doctor Who tie-ins, as well as the Werelings. 

I'm not familiar with him or his work, so I can't comment further, but I'm sorry to see Higson go.

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks for the alert, Major Tallon: http://commanderbond...nd-that-is.html

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

This is what's so great about being a Bond fan: we always have something to look forward to. Very cool! Hope it's good.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Love the original run with Higson, and he will indeed be a hard act to follow. I love the style he created. Though I'm hoping for the best. 

#5 Randy Wiggins

Randy Wiggins

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

I just today ordered 2 of Higson's Young Bond series as all I had ever read was the Silverfin graphic novel.

Randy

#6 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

Early word is that Random House has announced Steve Cole as the next author of the Young Bond stories.  The first will be published in the autumn of 2014.

Cole has written stories in the Astrostars series and has written Doctor Who tie-ins, as well as the Werelings. 

I'm not familiar with him or his work, so I can't comment further, but I'm sorry to see Higson go.

Similarly unfamiliar, but they were on to a good - and worthwhile - thing with Young Bond so will be interesting to see it continue.

#7 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Higson's writing and insight into Fleming's nicely twisted sense of the horrific made Young Bond what it was for me; it'll be interesting to see if the concept survives a new writer.