3 replies to this topic

#1 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Looking around You Tube, I found over 80 Skyfall covers by various artists from a nine year-old girl, to violinists, to singers of various levels of talent.  Is the song that popular?  What's going on? :ohmy:

ETA: I did like this one, though.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2F_fg4QrBvI

It has a harder edge to it than the original and the Adele clone variants.

Edited by Navy007Fan, 15 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#2 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Oh my... that's beautiful.

#3 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

To be quite honest I do not see the big deal over Adele's Theme, it's not even that good. It kind of reminds me of how they slapped on Die Another Day's Title. Basically like it was just slapped on at the end.

I guess that's the answer I'm trying to find.  For comparison, I looked on You Tube for covers to the themes from Goldeneye to Quantum of Solace, and I found maybe 20 covers of their theme songs (mostly You Know My Name and Another Way to Die, though I did find one cover of The World Is Not Enough).  This then beggs the question, what is it with Skyfall that makes people wnat to cover it? 

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

To be quite honest I do not see the big deal over Adele's Theme, it's not even that good. It kind of reminds me of how they slapped on Die Another Day's Title. Basically like it was just slapped on at the end.

I guess that's the answer I'm trying to find.  For comparison, I looked on You Tube for covers to the themes from Goldeneye to Quantum of Solace, and I found maybe 20 covers of their theme songs (mostly You Know My Name and Another Way to Die, though I did find one cover of The World Is Not Enough).  This then beggs the question, what is it with Skyfall that makes people wnat to cover it? 

It won an Oscar & a Golden Globe? Recognition? And I say this as one who very much likes the Adele version. (Liked this one on You Tube, though. Makes one think of how Chris Cornell might have performed Skyfall. And I also very much liked "You Know My Name".)