3 replies to this topic

#1 Catching Bullets

Catching Bullets

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

"All I wanted was a sweet distraction for an hour or two".

On Sunday 7th July 2013 Bondstars.com held a globally attended event to mark thirty years since the release of Eon Productions' OCTOPUSSY.

Staged most aptly at Pinewood Studios just outside London, the day was a marvellous celebration of 007, Pinewood new and old, the James Bond series, cinema and the sex and sari actioner that is 1983's OCTOPUSSY.

For reasons that those who are familiar with CATCHING BULLETS - MEMOIRS OF A BOND FAN will understand and recognise, taking CATCHING BULLETS to Pinewood held all sorts of memories, joys and first encounters.

OCTOPUSSY was this Bond fan's first trip to the cinema to see Bond. From those dancing white dots onwards, the film has and continues to hold great personal and professional resonance.

CATCHING BULLETS, Splendid Books and Mark O'Connell would like to thank Bondstars.com, Gareth Owen, Andrew Boyle and their hardworking team for a truly special day for a great many film and of course Bond fans with thirty year old Maud Adams crushes.

Cast and crew were in attendance including CATCHING BULLETS' Afterword contributor Maud Adams, her OCTOPUSSY co-star Kristina Wayborn, director John Glen, many of the 'Octopussy Girls' (including Carole Ashby and gymnastic choreographer Suzanne Dando), editor John Grover, designer Peter Lamont, sound editor Colin Miller, cinematographer Alec Mills, Executive Producer Anthony Waye and many, many more.

"It's for my scrapbook. I collect memories".

Click here for a photo gallery and more from the CATCHING BULLETS page on Facebook....feel free to join the group too.

945926_610175852346101_1995733216_n.jpg

Edited by Catching Bullets, 11 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#2 Rik

Rik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

I would have loved to have gone to this. I trust you had a good day :)

#3 Catching Bullets

Catching Bullets

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I would have loved to have gone to this. I trust you had a good day :)

We did indeed. A truly memorable day.

#4 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Octopussy was the first James Bond film that I ever saw. I really wish I could've attended this event!

Very cool. Thanks for the post and pictures!