1 reply to this topic

#1 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

I just bought my holy grail of James Bond collecting! Always wanted one and finally won it on ebay! Super pumped, cant wait for it to come in the mail. Im gonna have to buy a a mint box seperatley, the box was not the greatest but the car is immaculate

#2 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Congrats!  Back when I was young (and before I realized that you weren't supposed to open the packaging - let alone play with it!) I had the 1/36 scale Aston Martin that was released in May 1978.  What fun I had with that toy car!  Aside from playing with it, I recall using it as a prop for a speech I had to give in 7th grade.  The assignment was to deliver an "informative speech" so I brought 007's prized car into class and used it show my classmates how to wash a car.  It might not have been the most exciting mission the DB5 was ever on, but at least I managed to get it home in one piece!  (as opposed to getting spooked by a giant mirror - Ha-Ha!) 

Off topic - while looking up the info for my old toy, I noticed that Corgi also made a replica of the Saint's Volvo P1800 which had a toy Roger Moore in the driver's seat.  I wonder if anyone ever switched the Connery figure out of the Aston Martin, inserted the Moore figure in it, and had hours of fun playing Cannonball Run?  (again - Ha-Ha!)

Seriously though, I hope that the acquisition of the toy car you've bought brings you as much fun and enjoyment as (clearly) waiting for it to arrive in the mail is proving to be.