This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What was Timothy Dalton's best moment as Bond?

64 replies to this topic

#61 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I agree with people listing the interrogation scene in TLD. Pure Dalton. Serious, professional and in control. I also will raise the death of Sanchez as one of my key favourite Dalton moments. Banged up, bloodied and exhausted. The best villain death in the series, and I love how Bond broods about it all afterwards.

I definitely agree. I like Sanchez's death because it was very personal and it wasn't like James Bond to do something like this but for some reason it was a nice departure from what we are used to.

#62 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

It's a small moment...but his first scene after the Koskov mock-defection, he's back in the lab at Q branch, just before Moneypenny invites him over to listen to Barry Manilow..Dalton is wearing that hounds-toooth jacket with a cig in his hand...He's not just smoking it, he's leaning back and just enjoying the hell out of that cigarette...That to me, is a pitch-perfect portrayal of Flemingbond, right there.  

#63 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

"Don't you want to know why?"

Then he flashes the lighter.  The look on Robert Davi's face as the gasoline soaked Sanchez realizes he is seconds from his fiery end.

Then the sigh of exhaustion and exasperation Dalton gives right before Pam picks him up.  Literary Fleming right there.

#64 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

To add on to my previous post, I always had an odd enjoyment for the whole piece within The Living Daylights where Bond and Kara are at the carnival. It is so unique to the film. Not to mention how Dalton is able to so convincingly switch his happy-go-lucky emotion as he wastes the night away with Kara to a severely cold professionalism after the murder of a fellow agent.

I also love the brief scene in The Living Daylights when Dalton gives money to and hurries along a few street dancers in order to maintain his view of goings on from afar. All of which he packages with a 'get the hell out of here' fake and rushed smile. It never fails to make me laugh and can only be credited to the sheer greatness of Dalton acting an otherwise forgettable seconds long scene.

To piggyback on others who said it well, he was most definitely a Bond before his time! 

#65 iBond

iBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

I also love the brief scene in The Living Daylights when Dalton gives money to and hurries along a few street dancers in order to maintain his view of goings on from afar. All of which he packages with a 'get the hell out of here' fake and rushed smile. It never fails to make me laugh and can only be credited to the sheer greatness of Dalton acting an otherwise forgettable seconds long scene.

Same here! It was like, Hurry up, bless to you and your family, now get on with it!. :P