10 replies to this topic

#1 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see a Bond movie with cameos of previous Bonds in it. I just think that would be awesome for fans of all generations. Again I know it won't happen, but it'd be really cool.

#2 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

And expensive.

#3 jmarks4life

jmarks4life

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Yeah I don't expect to see it, just would love to see it

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Sorry to establish a pattern of responses here, but I can't see it happening either. Or rather, I can't see there ever being a future Bond film with all the previous Bonds in cameos.

Would George Lazenby be welcomed back? Somehow, I doubt it. Would either Sir Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan want to come back? Again, I doubt it. Their departures from the role of Bond were not exactly unruffled.

The only Bonds I could see returning - and I still think the chances are remote - would be Sir Roger Moore and/or Timothy Dalton. The former in a "blink and you'll miss him" scene, or maybe a brief un-Bond-like cameo, but the latter in a more substantial role - most likely as a villain. And in either case the role would have to be written in such a way that the incumbent Bond is not undermined by sharing the screen with a former Bond.

But will it happen? Would the film makers want audiences to see their film just for a glimpse of what some in the cinema consider "the real Bond" rather than the current Bond? Once again, I doubt it. 

#5 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

I would not want to see that at all. What purpose would it serve? It would distract from the current Bond, and since all previous actors have aged considerably it would also feel awkward.

#6 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

I remember thinking, I would have been fine if Connery played Kincade in SF however something like that would reinforce the 'CODE NAME THEORY'. Its enough for me if they just want to reference older films.

#7 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

I'll have to join the general consensus here and say that I wouldn't want to see any of the other Bond actors appear in a future Bond film either.  At best, it would just be an unnecessary reference to the previous films and, at this point in the franchise, I think we need to have several films that have no references at all to the past films.  

#8 ARLOO7

ARLOO7

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sorry if this is a hijack, but I was thinking of a different take. What if it's already known that an actor is on his last film, and there's an orderly transition?

For example, let's say in 2016, Craig's doing his last film, and Cavill has already been named as the next Bond. After the mission's done, Craig has a final word with M, then leaves his office toward the elevator. Along the way, he passes by Cavill, who has just stepped out of the elevator and is heading for M's door. Just before they each step through, they both turn around and have a brief exchange (nothing too revealing, just good luck or something like that). Fade, credits.

Although this would probably too strongly suggest that James Bond is merely a cover identity, as many people are against this idea. But I'd like to see something like that.

#9 zerominus

zerominus

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Seems like a good time to revisit this piece: http://commanderbond...ame-theory.html

Edited by zerominus, 21 June 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#10 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

Seems like a good time to revisit this piece: http://commanderbond...ame-theory.html

Skyfall also wipes out the codename theory by going to Bond's childhood home, where tombstones prove he has Bond as his actual surname, and M talks about recruiting James Bond as an orphan.  Inexplicably, there's an Aston Martin DB5 there, but oh well.

Back to topic, I read somewhere else on this site an idea for a movie where all the former Bond actors play a team of thieves, ala Ocean's Eleven (Bond's Five?), without being in the Bond universe.  Or there could have been a British version of R.E.D., (Retired, Extremely Dangerous.)  Given that you can't get all six actors together for the Academy Awards Bond 50th, it won't happen. 

But if one could sort out the rights, remember what Steve Martin did with Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid--editing clips of actors from different eras and movies together in one story.  Who knows, one day we might see a YouTube compilation of CBn's own James Bond quote conversation!

Edited by Professor Pi, 22 June 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#11 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Now you've done it...