Bond Lobby Card Reproductions

5 replies to this topic

#1 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

I've seen on eBay various set of James Bond Lobby card reproduction sets. They were released for the series 50th anniversary. Does anyone know where you can buy these items directly?

#2 jrcjohnny99

jrcjohnny99

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hi

I don't believe there's been any 'official' lobby card re-printings for the 50th anniv,

can you send a link to them on ebay?

#3 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

http://item.mobilewe...Id=310652519081

I apologize for mobile link but I am on my phone. This set is for LALD I've seen some for various other films such as DAF.

#4 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I have never heard of this release. You expect that if it is an official release that you would hear about this.

I know for years repro's exit and are sold on ebay, because lobby card sets for example from Goldfinger or You only live twice are sold for twenty, thirty euro can't be the real one's, most of the time it's not mentioned if it is a repro or a genuine one. Ofcourse a repro is not worth that much. Why would anyone even want a reproduction? You could make one yourself.

PS: genuine lobby cards of Skyfall doesn't exit, they don't make them anymore, so don't be fooled!

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Not sure there is any inherent 'officialdom' with these reproductions.

And if there is, so what?  There will be no worth or resale value?  One may as well find a decent image on the net and print them off if all one wants is an image.

Otherwise, go for the originals...

#6 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I was guessing it was legit due to the 50th anniversary logo on the product. Not really worried about the worth of the reproductions I would just like to add them to my collection.