8 replies to this topic

#1 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

What type of throwback or homage you would like to see in Skyfall or any future installment? If any?
Which ones did you like and dislike from the films and what would you change about them?
Since DAD each film seems to have at least one if memory servers me correctly. 
What quotes would you like to hear?
Are they done with homages until the next anniversary? Etc. 

I wouldn't mind if they return to the new underground MI6 and it was somehow connected, maybe via rail to the abandoned subway used by M and Q branch in DAD. Since it was Judi Dench's calling card then perhaps they could even have a painting of her somewhere in the background. Why not. I know there is no logic behind it but whatever, I just like that set from DAD of all the different gadgets although it could have been organized better IMO. 

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

How about no homages for a change? I think it's a relatively recent fashion to stuff films with countless references and homages, things that frequently don't come across as ingenious as they were no doubt conceived to be on the drawing board. There is of course that sub-genre of films that consists almost entirely of samples from earlier - and usually much more inventive - works, but does Bond have to go with that trend? I don't think so.

#3 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

None at all.

#4 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Got to agree with the last two, no homages. I take that back, I want a homage in which the gun barrel is at the beginning of the movie. 

#5 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

Clips of the three previous Craig films projected in the title sequences, like in GOLDFINGER and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE and that Royal Doulton bulldog. Nothing more.

#6 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

Clips of the three previous Craig films projected in the title sequences, like in GOLDFINGER and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE and that Royal Doulton bulldog. Nothing more.

I didn't know that clips of DC's first three films were shown in the GF and OHMSS title sequences. You must have that deluxe special producers' cut I keep hearing about. Hey is it true that in these new versions Lois Maxwell is smashed out of her mind and gets into a catfight with Diana Rigg during the wedding?

#7 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

The only "homage" I'd like to see in Bond 24 is to Fleming's novels, rather than previous movies. Like, adapting one of the unused short stories.

#8 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I didn't know that clips of DC's first three films were shown in the GF and OHMSS title sequences. You must have that deluxe special producers' cut I keep hearing about. Hey is it true that in these new versions Lois Maxwell is smashed out of her mind and gets into a catfight with Diana Rigg during the wedding?

Yep. she trashes the reception, shouting " IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!" at the top of her voice, vomits into Bond's hat after she's caught it and then tells M a few home truths about what he's really like as an employer.

#9 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

I would not mind something like that at all. Perhaps for Craig's last film the title sequence could do something like that and if not clips from his films, they could do homages to the styles of the previous title sequences. I would love to see what they could do with today's technology compared to OHMSS's title sequence. 

In the Skyfall title sequence I believe that last time we see Bond's face as someone here has pointed out, he's aged and has a cut under his eye. I would not be surprised if Mendes returns for Craig's last outing and Bond gets cut there, but who knows though only time will tell.