8 replies to this topic

#1 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

One month into the baseball season, we have had some surprises and some not so big ones. The Marlins and Astros stink, as we all knew they would. The Angels have hitting, but no pitching. But who would've thought Boston would be cruising as the league's best team, while the Blue Jays (projected by many to win the East) would be flirting with baseball's worst record. Atlanta has stumbled after starting 12-1. The Cubs are the Cubs. The Dodgers picked right up where they left off last year, being mediocre. The Yanks, to the surprise of many (but not us Yankee fans), are 16-10 and playing very well despite a myriad of injuries. I predicted New York for 92 wins this year and am basically sticking with that, although they are currently on pace for 96. Despite that, my World Series prediction is Washington over Detroit 4 games to 2. The Nationals pitching is too good to stay this mediocre and Detroit is too strong offensively. I think New York will pass Boston to win the East, while Boston will win the wildcard game and fall to NY 3-2 in the ALDS. It pains me to think this, but I think the Yanks will again fall to Detroit in the ALCS, while San Francisco will fall to Washington in the NLCS.

#2 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

The only hope that Washington has of making the World Series (or the playoffs, for that matter) is if Atlanta just stops playing ball this season.  It pains me to say it, as I'm a fan of Washington, but the Braves have demonstrated time and time again this season that they are markedly better than the Nationals.  The Nationals spent too much time in the offseason patting themselves on the back for being ahead of schedule in terms of the rebuilding process and subsequently forgot to address the glaring issues the team has.  Almost nothing was done to strengthen the lineup, which was anemic last season to say the least, and now they're struggling to score runs like they did last season.  That would be fine, if the pitching staff was up to the standard they set last year, but now that the league has had a full offseason to study film on them, they've come back to earth a bit. 

#3 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

Didn't know you were a baseball fan, tdalton. Good to hear. :)

#4 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

No surprise about The Marlins. Stopped caring for The Angels a looooong time ago, as the team isn't the same. I only support and love two teams. The New York Yankees, and The Boston Red Sox.

#5 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

No surprise about The Marlins. Stopped caring for The Angels a looooong time ago, as the team isn't the same. I only support and love two teams. The New York Yankees, and The Boston Red Sox.

*Raises eyebrow*, you love....both!?

#6 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

*Raises eyebrow*, you love....both!?

Yes, I do, why?

#7 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

Um, it's just that where I come from, that kind of talk is...well....blasphemy.

#8 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Look for the San Diego Padres to make some noise later in the season...  :-)  GO PADRES

#9 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Um, it's just that where I come from, that kind of talk is...well....blasphemy.

Your comment is blasphemy.