This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Does anyone collect those 007 spy files?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 12:27 AM

Hey!
I'm kinda new here, but would like to get to know everyone, and it just so happens that I have tons of the cards for the 007 spy files and would love to swap with people!

#2 Termin8Anakin

Termin8Anakin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 01:53 AM

Hey. I'm reletively new here too.
Anyways, I don't buy the spy files, cause I found it too childish. I bought the first issue, and it didn't take itself seriously as, say, the Star Wars Fact File, which is choc-full of info. The spy files really only appeals to kids new to the Bond Universe.
The cool thing with it is those decoder lenses.
Other than that, the crosswords, puzzles and game tips would be more akin to the Sun-Herald's 'Funday Telegraph'. The Bond mission debriefs take his humouorous wit down to childish proportions.
It's alright that the Spy Files describe the movies in detail (most of which are rated 'M'), so the kids don't have to see them to experience them.
Sorry if this turned into a Spy File bash session. I don't really have anything against it. At least in a few years time, we'll be having a new generation of Bond-lovers.

The cards I have are as follows:
-Allies: 5, 6, 20
-Locations: N/A
-Vehicles: 1, 6, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19
-Q Branch: 3
-Villans: 2, 25

Do you have any of these? If there's one you don't have, and you're interested in getting it, send me your address or something to my email here:
[email protected]
Thing is, there's every chance you'll get the cards in a later issue, so you don't have to send your address if you don't want to.
I'll send the cards over, and I'll delete your email and address after I do.
I'm from Sydney, by the way.

#3 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 03:34 AM

Thanks anyway, but I have all those :)
Yeah, I know they're childish, but to be honest that's almost why I like them! :) You know what they say, small things amuse small minds, and in my case it's probably true! ~grins~ It's cool because I can do most of the puzzels and stuff without the clues! As for starwars ~shudders~ Never seen a movie, and don't really intend to! :)
Well enjoy working/school or whatever it is you do beacuse I'm off on holidays for a week to vanuatu! Jealous? ~grins~

#4 Termin8Anakin

Termin8Anakin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 02:44 AM

Why you're welcome Miss Frost.
And yes, I am jealous of your damn trip to Vanuatu. I just finished my HSC, and I'm bored outta my mind! I have no money, and I can't go ANYWHERE!!
Arrgh! I need to get a job quick smart!
Looks like I have to rid myself of those Spy Files cards some other way :)

#5 JBond007

JBond007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 04:25 AM

I used to get the first 3, but then it became obvious that it was going to be an expensive affair indeed!:)

#6 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 03:46 AM

Expensive indeed! But it's okay cos I'm getting them from my mum at the moment! ~feels kinda guilty~

I've just finished my HSC too, and failed miserably! Don't worry though, I've also got no money or job, so that's my next goal, after that it's get my P's. I know this is gonna sound pathetic, but i'm beginning to miss school! Seeing your friends everyday was great, now I don't see them so often! :)

Vanuatu was excellent! Stayed at this sweet resort, swam, lazed around in the sun, snorkelled, went for a joyflight in a hellicopter, went on a cave tour with 'human torches' (these barefooted dudes who carried a naked flame torch in one hand, and a bottle of open kerosene in the other!) The people there are so unbelievably friendly! It was pretty expensive, but still really great!

Are you intending on going to university next year?

#7 kananga_17

kananga_17

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:08 AM

$5.95 is a bit of a rip off for a magazine that is only 24 pages big, but it is still bond.

#8 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 02:46 PM

Hiya,

I bought the first ten issues, and being a broke/unemployed teen, didn't buy it any more.

The cards are pretty groovy, I have heaps of doubles, and I'll drag them out the cupboard sometime soon if anyone is interested.

Cheerio,
Chris.

#9 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 04:26 AM

Gotta love this broke unemployed teen stuff.
Oh well, the new ones should be out soon! :)