A British "B" Gem and a Curiosity

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

I've just watched a film which features:-

James Bond, The Prisoner, Inspector Dreyfus, Dr Who, a "Carry On" movie stalwart, Cowley from TV's "The Professionals" and, much to my surprise, one of The Men from Uncle. It also starred a man who "fired at will" (Poor old "Will" - five times as I recall!)

The film features an ending which will put you in mind of "The Italian Job" - Michael Caine's version that is.

And it features a line which could have come straight out of "The Prisoner".

Any guesses?  It's not that difficult. And it was one more step, for more than one, on the road to 1960s stardom.

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hell Drivers?

#3 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Has to be. Haven't seen that in ages.What's that Prisoner line, I wonder? 'Rise and shine'?

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Hell Drivers?

Spot on! It was on BBC 2 first thing this morning. Haven't seen it for years.

Has to be. Haven't seen that in ages.What's that Prisoner line, I wonder? 'Rise and shine'?

No. Patrick McGoohan, the villain of the piece, drives truck number 1. Stanley Baker (Our rather flawed hero) takes his truck instead. When challenged about driving this truck, Baker replies "I am number 1".

Well done Jim and Dustin in guessing the film. Any ideas about the rest of the cast? And the ending?