#1 MajorBoothroyd

MajorBoothroyd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

'You say goodbye, and I say hello'....

Good morning, good morning, and welcome to the Beatles thread. I'm a bit of a Beatlemaniac, thus this thread was born.

Talk about the Fab Four, their music, and maybe, jussssttt maybe, who your favourite Beatle was.

(Mine's Ringo: actually, the whole reason I got into the Beatles in the first place was because Ringo was the narrator of Thomas the Tank Engine... no, not the new one, kiddies...)

#2 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

"Joan was quizzical, studied pataphysical science in the home. Maxwell Edison majoring in medicine, calls her on the phone. Can I take you out to the pictures, Jo-o-o-oan? But as she's getting ready to go, a knock comes on the door. Bang! Bang! Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down upon her head, Clang! Clang! Maxwell's Silver Hammer made sure that she was dead."

Wanna take one guess what my favorite Beatles song is?

#3 MajorBoothroyd

MajorBoothroyd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

"Joan was quizzical, studied pataphysical science in the home. Maxwell Edison majoring in medicine, calls her on the phone. Can I take you out to the pictures, Jo-o-o-oan? But as she's getting ready to go, a knock comes on the door. Bang! Bang! Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down upon her head, Clang! Clang! Maxwell's Silver Hammer made sure that she was dead."

Wanna take one guess what my favorite Beatles song is?

One of the most joyful songs about senseless killing from 'Abbey Road'. 

#4 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Nothing against The Beatles, but I always found The Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd to be a bit better.

Still really good though, seems weird that there are only two left.  Can you imagine if they were all still here today? All the talk and

demand for a reunion.

#5 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I´ve always loved Sir Paul´s gift for melodies - but I also appreciated John´s more courageous approach as well.

Musically, for me the Beatles are more interesting than the nevertheless legendary Stones.

Although David Bowie surpassed them both in my book, taking ideas from both and giving them his own stamp.

#6 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

i think the Long and Winding Road is my favorite.

#7 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Oh the beatles remind me of my childhood. Me and my neighbor would jump on her trampoline listening to the beatles all day. Good times.

#8 MajorBoothroyd

MajorBoothroyd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Something I found interesting: the 'Let it Be' album was originally called 'Get Back'. Here's the second mix: