3 replies to this topic

#1 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

My copy misnames the editors comments and attributes them to Howard Hughes in the Live and Let Die and MWGG chapters. Anybody else have this misprint.

( I never knew Howard Hughes knew all this trivia about 007)

#2 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

I noticed this too!

I thought: well maybe the guy who edited it has the same name....?

I don't think it's a misprint.

#3 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

From an interview with Paul Duncan:

"The first chapter I tackled as an oral history was "Goldfinger", and once the producers had read that, and understood my intent, they embraced it wholeheartedly. I wrote several of the chapters, and then contacted UK authors - some I had worked with before - to assemble and write chapters - Ellen Cheshire, Danny Graydon, Howard Hughes, Colin Odell & Michelle Le Blanc, and Jamie Russell. I supplied them with all the research materials they needed, gave them the best advice I could, then we rewrote and edited the texts until we had the correct tone and intent. In all, we have almost a quarter of a million words in the book, so it'll take a while to read."

#4 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

From an interview with Paul Duncan:

"The first chapter I tackled as an oral history was "Goldfinger", and once the producers had read that, and understood my intent, they embraced it wholeheartedly. I wrote several of the chapters, and then contacted UK authors - some I had worked with before - to assemble and write chapters - Ellen Cheshire, Danny Graydon, Howard Hughes, Colin Odell & Michelle Le Blanc, and Jamie Russell. I supplied them with all the research materials they needed, gave them the best advice I could, then we rewrote and edited the texts until we had the correct tone and intent. In all, we have almost a quarter of a million words in the book, so it'll take a while to read."

Well that explains it. Thanks.