17 replies to this topic

#1 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 06:52 AM

For us Aussie's the question of advance screenings looms large - its a seven day difference which, as our US/UK counterparts will tell us at the moment, is a very long time. I asked Garth Franklin, owner of darkhorizons.com from Sydney whose pretty clued in on these things.

Matt,

Sadly no sign of advanced screenings I'm afraid except for press, sadly Dec
12th looks to be the first date.

Garth Franklin

Not good news but I find it hard to believe, considering there have been advance screenings for the last three - even The World Is Not Enough meaning we got it before anyone else did.

I for one would pay a $200 airfare to get to Melbourne of Brisbane is necessary to see a screening as many of you I'm sure would. If anyone has any 'heads up' in this department please post here.

Getting desperate.

mb

#2 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 12:47 AM

Well, I don't know of any large-scale advance screenings, but I have a friend who works at the local cinema, and is working on getting me a "Staff screening" so I can see the movie a little earlier, but it isn't particularly promising, although she has put away a sweet poster of Bond and Frost for me! :)

#3 bondsgirl

bondsgirl

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 08:36 PM

My local cinema has brochures which suggest arranging an advance screening of Die Another Day for a Christmas party etc.

#4 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 11:48 PM

Id say its guaranteed an advance screening.

I don't know if it'd be on in Melb. But there usually ALWAYS on at Fox Studios. That's were I saw the advanced of the last two I think. I know definantly TWINE.

Likely cause Fox are the International distributors

#5 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 02:01 AM

We'll have to keep bugging them at Fox 1q. Last time they wouldn't tell me if they had advances or not. Then on the Thursday when i thought i had a week to go i saw the ad in the paper and my countdown went from 7 days to 1 day!

#6 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 03:27 AM

If there is an advance screening at Fox studio's ytou will let me know? Please?

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:14 AM

There are no celebrations at Fox Studio's. Teh premier is in Melbourne this time around. Whether or not that affects pre-screenings, I don't know.

#8 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 21 November 2002 - 09:36 AM

I wouldn't imagine it does. I don't even remember Bros being around for TWINE's release in Oz. He as far as I can remember was only out for TND.

#9 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 01:32 AM

The advance screenings took place before the premiere last time so it shouldn't affect it. And especially since the film has already been released for 2-3weeks (unlike TWINE) I see no reason why there shouldn't be.

#10 JBond007

JBond007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:37 AM

I recall there was about a week's (maybe even more) advance screening for TND.....

#11 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:42 AM

Yep thats about right as far as I remember also.

#12 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure that you'll get advanced screenings before teh premier this year, as Brosnan is tipped to attend.

#13 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 04:12 AM

I just want to see the movie, and soon!

#14 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 04:24 AM

Visit www.birch.com.au that link to book your tickets to Die Another Day, at any Greater Union cinema's.

#15 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 06:45 AM

!!!!!!!

Oh i'm so tempted to buy one of these screenings. But no....i'm gonna wait to be in the best and most packed cinema for it. And hopefully advance screenings next week?

#16 Vodka Martino

Vodka Martino

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 427 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 12:54 PM

You got the right idea, Matt. I may be attending a screening the day before general release. It's being organised by Omega for companies whose products appear in the film. My boss is hassling me to go. Now I'm a huge Bond fan, but for me, the conditions have to be right. I would rather see the film in a cinema packed with people who want to be there than a bunch of folks who are jumping on the Bondwagon.
It's funny 'cos when you tell people you are a Bond fan, they sometimes look at you strangely. But the minute a film is released, suddenly everyone around you thinks they're 007, walking around ordering caffe lattes "shaken, not stirred".
Be patient, people. The days fly by. Just think about what you were doing 2 weeks ago. Two weeks from now, you'll have seen the film.
I still can't wait, but.

#17 neversaynever

neversaynever

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 11:02 PM

I saw DAD last night at a private advanced screening. Given that I have had the date December 12 marked in my diary for so long now, I kind of felt like I was cheating.

I've spent most of this morning going through the Mission Debriefing threads, reading other people's opinions. Obviously I'm not going to spoil it for people here, but let me just say while there were parts I really didn't like, I'm sure I'll be queueing up at the cinema on december 12 to see it again...

#18 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 04:10 AM

Oh well, only 4 more sleeps!