James Bond My Long and Eventful Search for His Father

1 reply to this topic

#1 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Has anyone had a chance to read this yet.  I read it the other day and must say it was very informative and gave a point of view that is rarely discussed for the Bond series, shedding more light on Harry Saltzman and Kevin McClory.  Even though it is only available on kindle you can download an app to your iphone or a kindle program to your computer and read the single through one of these programs. John Cork wrote a review on the book's amazon page and it is a good quick review if a bit on the negative side. I guess it comes down to Broccoli story vs. a different view point.

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Had a few scraps on the main page on this:

Another pleasant surprise gift for Bond fans came from an old and trusted friend of Bond’s exploits, Len Deighton. After long years of silence from this legend of the modern thriller we finally get ‘James Bond: My Long and Eventful Search for His Father‘, and not a day too early. It’s sadly “just” a short article, partly retelling the background of his meeting with Ian Fleming as noted in the – long since out of print – compilation ‘For Bond Lovers Only’, partly extending his foreword to Robert Sellers’s ‘The Battle For Bond’. But it’s a nifty piece of excellent writing, full of anecdotes and adventures Deighton experienced with Harry Saltzman and Kevin McClory, at a time when his input shaped part of Bond’s early steps on the big screen, and later when he became a contributor to the early stages of McClory’s ‘Warhead’ project. For friends of Deighton’s prose and those interested in a glimpse into the early years not to be missed. Currently it’s only available as Kindle-download.