#1 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts
  • Location:Near where Bond's Bentley was destroyed in GOLDFINGER

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hello!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i would like to ask a question about the blu ray releases (in the uk) I have all 22 offical Bond movies on uk released region 2 discs ( aswell as NSNA) which I bought when they came out from 2000 to 2003 (my LD is the one that contains the extras of the other bond actor auditons/test fime, that were later ommited from further releases due to coyright). I bought a BLU-ray player this morning, and just wondered if it is worth me buying the blu ray bond box set? or should i stick with hat i have got on standard DVD?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Hockey Mask

Hockey Mask

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Upgrade now!  The Blu-Rays (for the most part) are gorgeous.

#3 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Unless you wanna wait 2-3 years for the 4K  (or Super HD ) next generation format. It will be far superior to Blu Ray  - just about the same quality as that projected in the cinema, apparently (though, obviously not as good as IMAX).

It's a long wait, but i guarantee you that when it arrives the quality will be so much better that we'll all  be double-dipping again.

#4 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thanks, to be honest, i am still amazed about the quality of Blue ray, it looks great on my HD telly! But the question is, if i stick my bond DVDS on ebay, and replace them with the BLU RAY set, will i be lsoing any extras that my DVDS have???????/

#5 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

The Blu-ray set contains all of the previous DVD extras that are on your special editions (screen tests included), and 90% of what was on the Ultimate Edition releases from 2006 (some of the Blu-rays are missing some of the smaller features, like textless titles and so on which were exlusive to those Ultimate Editions, but otherwise it's all there). The only DVD that is worth holding onto is Die Another Day because most of those special features were omitted from all DVD and Blu-ray releases past the original run from 2003.

Otherwise, you're safe to dispose of them however you please. ;)

#6 SILVERTOE

SILVERTOE

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Thanks very much indeed!

So looks like I will hang onto DAD and of course NSNA ( I had the 1954 and 1967 versions of CR on VHS, but never bothered buying them on DVD)

It does not seem 12 years ago that i startd buying the DVDs, in order, as they came out, and recall quite well in May 2003, getting back from a long holiday in Australia, to find my pre-ordered copy of DAD waiitng for me, and putting that next to TWINE and admiring the now complete 007 and gun picture that ran across the spines, through tired, jet lagged eyes!

I had better go and do a price hunt for the Blue Ray box set now!

#7 nickjb007

nickjb007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I've dipped three times now with the original special editions then the ultimate and now the blu rays. The movies are incredible they look beautiful. I'm blown away how good they look. It was worth purchasing them.

#8 Mavalant

Mavalant

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

hi in the UK there are releasing now all bonds that were not on blu-ray before are they going to re release the other ones. reason for this is and I know this sounds stupid i like them all the look the same since they are part of a set.

#9 Grard Bond

Grard Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

The original dvd's are ok, I still have them, but the 2006 dvd versions and the blu rays are with completely remastered audio and picture quality. They look ways better than the first generation Bond dvd's, BUT.....

sometimes the picture quality is a little too dark. For example seeing Roger Moore shooting  to Loques' car in Eyes Only is very difficult with the new remasters, even on blu ray. It's just too dark.

They also changed something to the sound of Goldfinger, it's just different at some places, if you wanna hear the original award winning sound, just stick with the first dvd release.

Also DAD and CR lose some of the extra's, the first one was original een 2dvd and the second version of CR was a 3 dvd boxset. So you also have to keep these two.

So not everything is perfect with the new versions, be aware of that! 

Since last december here in Holland you can buy all Bondfilms now seperatly on blu ray. They have awfull new and cheap looking covers. The front pictures look airbrushed or something....